GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my Acadia this morning with the remote start since it was soooo cold (15 degrees, South of Atlanta). I backed out from under the carport, and when I went to put it in Drive, it wouldn't go. I tried everything short of forcing it. I had to leave it in my driveway with the keys in the ignition and the parking brake on while I took the other car to work. I have yet to go home to see if it will come unstuck. What do you think?

Jessica Pope
Newnan, GA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! I pushed the brake down as firmly as I could! My Volkswagen used to do the same thing in park. It would come unstuck if you stood on the brake petal three hard times. Weird!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
gsusfsh said:
I have yet to go home to see if it will come unstuck.
Oh geez...I'd go nuts thinking about it at work, wouldn't get anything done. Keep us posted, I'm interested in what the problem is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you try to take it out of reverse on a steep incline?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You say it wouldn't go into "D" did you try park again? It sounds like the linkage has bound up if it won't go either way. I had a problem with an HHR I owned. The shifter mechanism broke. You couldn't get the key out once it was in park... Too many interlocks and safeties now a days. If it goes into park, it will most likely be a brake pedal safety switch of some sort. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.