GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't leave my vehicles stock for too long and I'm not fond of the stock antenna, so I "upgraded" to a stubby. There does not seem to be any loss of reception, at least in the Washington-metro area. The fit is spot on. $20 from CravenSpeed.

What do you guys think?

20210521_190926.jpg 20210521_190912.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Whatever works. Too bad the Grease Man isn't on DC 101's air any more. Would make that antenna more enjoyable. LOL

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is one of the many reasons I don't listen to radio anymore, hence why I am not worried about the antenna's performance... I'm as opinionated as the next guy, if not more, but I keep it to myself. Well, most of the time anyway ;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Looks fine, although I actually prefer the factory unit mine came with. Now my old 04 Z06 had a ham radio antenna, I replaced that (actually with a unit from Craven Speed).

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Looks fine, although I actually prefer the factory unit mine came with. Now my old 04 Z06 had a ham radio antenna, I replaced that (actually with a unit from Craven Speed).
+1, the one on my '18 was just fine. I'm at the age in life where changing something for the sake of changing something makes little sense.

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
+1, loved the lawman bits.
His power boat v. sailboat skits were funny, too. Breeze must be either a sailboater, or a 'yakker. LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
It surprises me that GMC didn't put a shark fin antenna on their 2nd Gen Acadia.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Agree . . and sticking to the topic . . . . I find the factory antenna works fine on our Acadia.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It surprises me that GMC didn't put a shark fin antenna on their 2nd Gen Acadia.
That was the last appearance 'mod' I made on any car. Replaced the factory antenna on my '14 SRX with a shark fin. Never could understand why GM wouldn't go that route from the factory on the top line brand.

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
That was the last appearance 'mod' I made on any car. Replaced the factory antenna on my '14 SRX with a shark fin. Never could understand why GM wouldn't go that route from the factory on the top line brand.
The XT5 has a shark fin antenna. TBH, either is OK as long as it works. I never had any issues with the mast antenna on my Acadia.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The XT5 has a shark fin antenna. TBH, either is OK as long as it works. I never had any issues with the mast antenna on my Acadia.
Yeah, never had any issues with the OEM antenna on the SRX either, it just looked out of place aesthetically and begged to be replaced.

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
His power boat v. sailboat skits were funny, too. Breeze must be either a sailboater, or a 'yakker. LOL
Ha, neither, scubadiving divemaster (when I had the time!)... 120' below the surface is the one place my wife will not follow me (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts