GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Maybe somebody can clear things up for me with this whole plant strike. I ordered my acadia on March 29, and the dealer told me it could take around 6-8 weeks or so to build and ship. Will the strike totally effect the production of the trucks? Is the plant completely shut-down? Should I only expect a delay on the vehicle, or could they just not build it at all? What would happen with my order if there is a long term strike? If anyone has any answers or information that could clear this up a little bit, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm not an expert but I imagine that your build date will be slip based on how long the workers are on strike. What I would like to know is how it affects '09 build dates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2009 build orders from dealers should already be in the works, but with no production at Lansing Delta it's all moot. As to how long to wait, it might possibly be some time -- see http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080422/AUTO01/804220340/1148. It looks as if the UAW is going after GM hook and tong, with the rank-and-file acting even more militant than UAW officials. Perhaps this reflects the promise of a strongly pro-union government in Washington as of next January.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted my dealer, and they stated that the strike isn't effecting my order, but will mostly effect trucks with slip-differential axles. I'm guessing that has to do with the axle strike, but I believe I read the Delta plant was shut-down. Do you think the dealer is trying to stall or something, maybe hoping I don't back out of the order, or has anyone heard otherwise suggesting there won't be delays on orders. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't think your dealer knows about the Delta Lansing strike. I am suppose to get updates every friday since my first order go messed up, but I didn't get an update last friday, I am assuming the dealer found out about the strike and doesn't know what to say. Well atleast I am putting miles on their vehicles instead of mine while I wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just wanted to give this a bump to see if anyone had spoken to their dealer to get any additional information on the effects of the strike.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
talked to my dealer yesterday and asked about the strike, he said he had no clue, but discussed it with his manager and said I am still on schedule to receive mine in 3 weeks.

I dont know how true that is and probably just a bunch of BS if you want my opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered my Acadia on Monday because my dealer said they were going to extend 2008 production to accomodate orders impacted by the strike. He called me this morning to say that Blue-Gold Metallic has been discontinued. I know that it was discontinued for 2009 but I am confused as to why it is no longer available for my 08. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, Liquid Silver. I can't wait to get this car!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got off the phone with the dealer that i ordered from. My Acadia is stuck at 3400. It was scheduled to be built this week. He also told me that they got a memo regarding the strike and it said that the strike had "slowed" production and has not stopped it completely. This particular dealer is running really low on inventory and don't see replenishment coming soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Schaefsn,
When did you order yours? I'm glad to know production has slowed instead of stopped. I was going to wait until next week, then call my dealer to find out the status of mine. I just ordered on April 16th.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We ordered around March 23rd-24th timeframe. I am not sure the date that the order was picked up. They told us a few weeks ago that last week was supposed to be our build week. now the order is sequenced for build but just sitting in limbo. I'll post updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Delta Township (Lansing) where the Acadias are made and I'm a retired GM employee (not from the Delta plant, though). I can verify that production is completely shut down and not just "slowed down". We were going to order also, but our dealer was able to find an Acadia exactly like we would have ordered. That may be an option if you don't want to wait. Picked it up last Tuesday. Love it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My dealer called me yesterday to let me know my Acadia order of 2 and half weeks ago was denied. He said the plant is at a stand still.

I changed my order to an 09 for right now, I hvae a few months to spare so I am lucky, worse case scenario I will have to find an 08 if the strike last too long.

My sales person was able to order the 09 but he had no pricing yet just model #'s. He told me to call him early next week and it should be posted, I will let you guys know as soon as I know something.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I put a call in with my dealer to see if they can provide me the status code, depending on what my status code is will figure out what my next move will be. My current lease expires on June 25th.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now I have gotten to thinking ...... Does anyone know if I can cancel an order at order code 3400 and try to get a better deal on something on the lot? Under the circumstances it would seem that this is a reasonable course of conduct.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It may depend on your dealer. When I ordered mine, I had the option to tell them I did not want it at any time. Even after it arrived. Did you have to put money down to order it? I would just talk with the dealer to find out your options.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You are not obliged to buying your customer order, I did not place a deposit on my order.

Besides I think the dealer will take any sale it can get.

Updated - I am actually looking at an existing Acadia they have in current inventory that has all the correct options I went with the exceptions that it's a loaded SLT2 AWD with $3k in stuff I really don't need (I'm not a 19" or Nav guy). Plus allot of the newly delivered Acadias on the lot has some bloated "Hit the Road" dealer installed option package for $800-900 (dealer fluff).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Due to other considerations beyond my control I do not think that we are going to be able to cancel our order :-\ Instead I received word this morning that after a few weeks we are still stuck at 3400 with no prospect of moving from there in the near future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my Acadia on March 4th. Still have not received it. After a lot of back and forth calls with my dealer, they are saying it should have shipped today (Friday). Then they are saying it will take 10 or so days from now to get it. If they are telling the truth and not just pulling my leg, I should get it mid-May. This will put it at 10-11 weeks total. Way more than I was told when I ordered it. I hope you all do not have to wait this long. I will let you know if it comes in...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts