GMC Acadia Forum banner

Strange engine codes...

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  blackstar 
#1 ·
Good day people. CEL came on a few days ago and when I check for codes I get no P codes but instead, $7EB and $7E8:Engine. The 2012 Acadia SLT with about 225,000 Km seems to be running ok except for the transmission stutter sometimes around 1800 RPM. Maybe my reader is not compatible for these codes. Its an Autel MaxiScan MS409. Appreciate any advice.

Glenn...

#2 ·
'Net search results show Justanswer and a Chevy forum only have brief discussions about those codes. From what I've read, either the scanner or its software may not be compatible with the vehicle.

Reactions: blackstar
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
those sounded very familiar.... Then I remembered where Ive seen them. Went out to my Traverse--- and yup- thats where Ive seen them.
when I plug in my harbor freight unit- and go look for codes- Im given 3 options.
I select one and can then see parameters.
I believe its $7E8 that allows me to see engine parameters, P codes, and misfires in the cylinders, and tons of other data fields.

If I remember correctly, my 2013 Equinox only shows 2 of these.

#5 ·
I tried selecting one and get nothing. So does this mean I have a misfire condition? I will get it scanned somewhere else but am trying to get the CEL to go off. Very busy time here. I work days and Wife (Acadia driver) works evenings. Thanks for the info.

#6 ·
... I will get it scanned somewhere else but am trying to get the CEL to go off. ...
Pull the ECM fuse(s) and wait at least 15 seconds before putting the fuse back in its place. That should clear the codes and turn off the CEL. The CEL will illuminate again when the condtion commands it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.