GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something must have shifted in the storage compartment on top of my dash board. I press down on that button to try to get the compartment lid to raise...and it's jammed shut. Any ideas on how to get that storage compartment open? I don't want to press down to hard and risk breaking it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had the same problem after 1 month of owning the vehicle, I got it replaced under warranty, no issues since. If you press down on the button and then use your finger to pry open the lid - thast worked for me until I got it replaced. No real need for it since all I store in there is my EZ Pass.

·
Registered
112 Posts
By way my ez pass in same location. I don't need even take it out on toll boot, it works thru close lid.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was replaced under warranty also due to sticking.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright...I'll add it to my short list of things that need to be fixed...the other is the red "G" on the GMC emblem in the back...it's seal broke and there is water inside it...causing the red to look more black.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My easy pass is in there as well and it works fine never have to take it out of the storage area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My storage compartment lid got stuck once also. :-\ One way to get back into it is to get something like a thin nail file. Then slightly put pressure on one of the back corners of the lid with your finger. That will slightly lift the opposite front corner up and enable you to slip the nail file under the lid. Inch it as close to the center button as you can and use the nail file to push the lever under the button towards the back at the same time you are pushing down on the button. This should get it to unclick. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a used 2008 Acadia SLT today for my wife. After getting it home I pressed the button to open the dash storage compartment only to find it stuck. I pressed it again and I heard something break. I now have a small spring and a few broken pieces from the locking mechanism in my hand. Can a dealer order these parts for me and is there much to replacing it?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The parts department can order those pieces for you; was there something jammed in the mechanism or did it just break?

---
- Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gmsgrl said:
Mine sticks sometimes......but since I don't have a reason to use it...... I haven't taken it in to be replaced.
If you search; there is a procedure to file down the tab so that it won't stick IIRC

---

·
Registered
77 Posts
AA/78U said:
If you search; there is a procedure to file down the tab so that it won't stick IIRC

---

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I swiped it with a dremmel and its fixed. I did mine already it works great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So....I just fixed mine :thumb:

I ended up using a razor...and just scraped a layer or two off....worked like a charm.

Thanks Insti08 for the photo.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Excellent!! :thumb: No problem for the Pic glad it helped!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It just broke. There was nothing inside or blocking the mechanism. I visited a local dealer and was given a quote of $150 to replace the whole compartment lid. I discovered the existence of a documented problem with this mechanism a little too late.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts