GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for a few weeks while awaiting the arrival of my Acadia, and I appreciate the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the members of this forum! Thought you might appreciate my story...

After I had done a lot of shopping & test-driving of vehicles, my credit union recommended a local independent fleet sales and leasing company that has no allegiance to any one brand/dealer and had given good deals to a lot of credit union members. I ended up ordering my Acadia through them on September 20. GM went on strike September 24. Argh!! But fortunately the strike was short-lived, so I started counting the days until my Acadia would arrive.

After 6 weeks had gone by, I called my fleet guy and said, "Hey -- can you find out the status on our vehicle?" He called the dealership and got the run-around -- no one seemed to be able to tell him a status on the vehicle. It took nearly a week for them to finally tell him that the vehicle had come in the week before and, since they weren't able to find the paperwork on it, they SOLD IT!! MY ACADIA!!! :banghead:

So... they offered to re-order it "with preference", which supposedly means "just" 5 weeks to get it, and to give us the dealer holdback off the price. And by now, of course, we won't be satisfied with anything less than an Acadia, so we re-ordered and are again counting the days. That happened 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping we see it before Christmas.

We're trading in a 1998 Chevy Tahoe that has served us well and continues to do so while we wait, so it's not a big deal, but it's like you're a kid and Christmas Eve FINALLY arrives, and then they tell you, "Nah -- we're not gonna open these gifts until February."

So, if you bought an Acadia in the Phoenix area around Halloween configured like this, you're driving MY car!! :eek:
- SLT-2
- Red Jewel Tintcoat
- Light Titanium Leather
- NAV (no rear-seat entertainment system)
- HUD
- Trailering Package
- No sun roof (this is Arizona -- the last thing we need is more sun!)

I'll post pics when our ride arrives.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Oh man that would have made me mad!! I'm glad you are waiting to still get the Acadia as I think it is worth it. We love ours!! I love the color you picked too!!! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
dbacker8 said:
I've been lurking here for a few weeks while awaiting the arrival of my Acadia, and I appreciate the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the members of this forum! Thought you might appreciate my story...

After I had done a lot of shopping & test-driving of vehicles, my credit union recommended a local independent fleet sales and leasing company that has no allegiance to any one brand/dealer and had given good deals to a lot of credit union members. I ended up ordering my Acadia through them on September 20. GM went on strike September 24. Argh!! But fortunately the strike was short-lived, so I started counting the days until my Acadia would arrive.

After 6 weeks had gone by, I called my fleet guy and said, "Hey -- can you find out the status on our vehicle?" He called the dealership and got the run-around -- no one seemed to be able to tell him a status on the vehicle. It took nearly a week for them to finally tell him that the vehicle had come in the week before and, since they weren't able to find the paperwork on it, they SOLD IT!! MY ACADIA!!! :banghead:

So... they offered to re-order it "with preference", which supposedly means "just" 5 weeks to get it, and to give us the dealer holdback off the price. And by now, of course, we won't be satisfied with anything less than an Acadia, so we re-ordered and are again counting the days. That happened 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping we see it before Christmas.

We're trading in a 1998 Chevy Tahoe that has served us well and continues to do so while we wait, so it's not a big deal, but it's like you're a kid and Christmas Eve FINALLY arrives, and then they tell you, "Nah -- we're not gonna open these gifts until February."

So, if you bought an Acadia in the Phoenix area around Halloween configured like this, you're driving MY car!! :eek:
- SLT-2
- Red Jewel Tintcoat
- Light Titanium Leather
- NAV (no rear-seat entertainment system)
- HUD
- Trailering Package
- No sun roof (this is Arizona -- the last thing we need is more sun!)

I'll post pics when our ride arrives.
Acadias are sitting on many dealer lots waiting to be sold. Check around or have a dealer do it and I'll be you'll find one in stock.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got a $250 gift card when they "lost" mine for a couple weeks. I had waited 10 weeks for my order to show.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big bear craig said:
Acadias are sitting on many dealer lots waiting to be sold. Check around or have a dealer do it and I'll be you'll find one in stock.
They did a 500 mile search for one and couldn't find any configured this way. They say that WITH nav but WITHOUT sunroof/RSES is an unusual configuration.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I had the same problem ordering mine. Just about everything I could find had the sun roof and/or the 19" tires. I ended up ordering it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts