GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
255 Posts
Why can't I click/enlarge some photos lately... hmm (edit, even more strange, I can get a FS view in my post!?).
Anyway, that's the only way that makes sense to me for any V engine. One sensor after each exhaust manifold/port to check fuel/air mixture etc., one on each bank after cat to ensure cats are operating properly. The 2009 only had a V6, yes?
It looks the moderator has gone in after you have posted a Full Size and reduced it probably to save space or something computer related that I have no earthly idea about. Lol!!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Why can't I click/enlarge some photos lately... hmm (edit, even more strange, I can get a FS view in my post!?).
Anyway, that's the only way that makes sense to me for any V engine. One sensor after each exhaust manifold/port to check fuel/air mixture etc., one on each bank after cat to ensure cats are operating properly. The 2009 only had a V6, yes?
Right click and open image in a new tab.

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Why can't I click/enlarge some photos lately... hmm ...
That happens to me sometimes. I refresh the page and it works afterward.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
723 Posts
2 upstream and 1 downstream.....may have had it backwards earlier. The 4 would be on a true dual exhaust as the diagram shows....(dual exhaust only)
I'm somewhat confused. Do you have a V6? I'm thinking you must as your sig shows a tow package.
My V6 doesn't go to one pipe until after the resonator, so I would think 2 downstream (post cat) O2 sensors. If you do have the V6, it should have one sensor after each manifold and one after each of 2 cats. No? I haven't looked under my car, but that'd be my thoughts.
My exhaust goes dual pipes from motor into 2 cats, 2 pipes into resonator then one pipe out from there (later splitting into 2 tail pipes around rear wheels).

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm somewhat confused. Do you have a V6? I'm thinking you must as your sig shows a tow package.
My V6 doesn't go to one pipe until after the resonator, so I would think 2 downstream (post cat) O2 sensors. If you do have the V6, it should have one sensor after each manifold and one after each of 2 cats. No? I haven't looked under my car, but that'd be my thoughts.
My exhaust goes dual pipes from motor into 2 cats, 2 pipes into resonator then one pipe out from there (later splitting into 2 tail pipes around rear wheels).
Not my Discuss Question....feed was started by Rnl500. Was trying to help make sense of what he was reporting the problem is and how to troubleshoot the problem while maintaining several side convo’s at the same time. ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not my Discuss Question....feed was started by Rnl500. Was trying to help make sense of what he was reporting the problem is and how to troubleshoot the problem while maintaining several side convo’s at the same time. ;) and ... Strangely enough I could only find a total of 3. 1 up stream and 2 downstream.
Yes, I was referring to your reply that said you could only find a total of 3, I perhaps incorrectly assumed you meant on your vehicle.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The 4-cylinder engine's exhaust system doesn't have 2 catalytic converters. There's no "Bank 1" and "Bank 2" anything on it.
Yes, that's why I specified on a V6 there would be 2/2 (and my other post where I stated a V engine). I thought jmbjr had said his V6 only had 3 total.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, that's why I specified on a V6 there would be 2/2 (and my other post where I stated a V engine). I thought jmbjr had said his V6 only had 3 total.
Sorry had gotten off on another tangent with someone else about how my old 4.0l ford ranger engine had 3. That is that any diagram showed and that I could ever find! It was a Ford after all!!

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Somehow, the conversation drifted to Ford and someone else answered a question I posed to another member.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, I was referring to your reply that said you could only find a total of 3, I perhaps incorrectly assumed you meant on your vehicle.
Ah goTchaikovsky...misunderstood the direction of the question. No harm no foul!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Somehow, the conversation drifted to Ford and someone else answered a question I posed to another member.
View attachment 9751
Lighten up Francis?
Anyway... this whole thing got way mixed up I think. As I noted before, as far as I've ever known, an exhaust manifold/port gets an O2 sensor (to ensure A/F mixture), and a cat gets one (to ensure proper cat operation). Newer vehicles may go beyond that. So I would think our V6 with 2 cats should have 4 total. I also thought in 2009 only a V6 was available?
If his is a V6 and has 2 cats, I would think 4 sensors.
V6 into 1 cat? 1 sensor
Inline 4 with single exhaust, 1, 1
Etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ah goTchaikovsky...misunderstood the direction of the question. No harm no foul!!
I love how auto correct butchered ah gotch and I didnt even notice. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
723 Posts
The 4-cylinder engine's exhaust system doesn't have 2 catalytic converters. There's no "Bank 1" and "Bank 2" anything on it.
Yes, looking back the OP did state bank 1 and 2, gotcha
I need to go home and drink. 🍷

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well this turned out to be a fun way to end the day and we have heard nothing from the originator of the feed as to what happened!! I need a drink, a bong hit and some damn sleep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably the fourth sensor that goes from exhaust through body. Where vibration causes wire failure! I fixed mine by a thread 25k miles ago. 😜. Test your own sensors with a VOM and a torch!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did the original poster follow procedure for breaking in the new cat? After replacement run at idle for 5 min, then 2500 rpm for 2 min, then turn engine off and let the engine and cat completely cool before driving. There is packing material around the honeycomb that must expand, then set. If not, exhaust gasses can bypass the converter material and the cat will not work properly.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts