GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I mentioned in my intro thread from a couple weeks ago that I founded and still run a site called F150online.com. I started the site back in 1996 in order to create the first online resource for the 1997 Ford F-150, which at the time was a brand new model. One of our most popular resources was (and still is) our product directory, essentially a database of aftermarket products and vendors that had items for the new body style.

I thought I'd start a thread on here that was similar. If you find new products/vendors in the aftermarket with products for the GMC Acadia, post them here. Note that I do not endorse these products, nor do I plan to buy them or have any affiliation with them. I'll start:

Romik Bull Bar

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: New Products from the aftermarket.

Nice looking!

Thanks!

Adam Boca

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

Hey ownersite, great idea! As more vendors start producing Acadia accessories, I can build an actual database to keep track of these and integrate a browse/search feature into the site.

·
Registered
166 Posts

You know, I was just thinking to myself this morning after seeing a CRV with a huge brush guard on the front how long it would be before some one made one for the Acadia. I had a billet grille on my old truck back when you had to cut the facotry grille out to install them. These new lay over billets just cheapen the look. Soon we'll see big nerf bars, rear bumper bars, tail light protectors, "billet" gas doors and the like. I love to mod my vehicles, but I think I'll stick with the classiness that GMC designed into the Acadia.

·
Registered
523 Posts

tdrumm said:
You know, I was just thinking to myself this morning after seeing a CRV with a huge brush guard on the front how long it would be before some one made one for the Acadia. I had a billet grille on my old truck back when you had to cut the facotry grille out to install them. These new lay over billets just cheapen the look. Soon we'll see big nerf bars, rear bumper bars, tail light protectors, "billet" gas doors and the like. I love to mod my vehicles, but I think I'll stick with the classiness that GMC designed into the Acadia.
I don't think that is just a lay over grill, I have a precision grill on my truck and I had to cut out the old grill. Now there are stainless overlays the I agree do look like crap but I believe that the pictured grill is one that requires cutting. I would have to say though that after installing my precision grill I wish I would have spent the extra money on a Stull grill.

·
Registered
166 Posts

coloradoGM said:
tdrumm said:
I don't think that is just a lay over grill, I have a precision grill on my truck and I had to cut out the old grill. Now there are stainless overlays the I agree do look like crap but I believe that the pictured grill is one that requires cutting. I would have to say though that after installing my precision grill I wish I would have spent the extra money on a Stull grill.
I had a Stull on my old truck and the quality was top notch. The Precision grille posted looks like a lay over because it seems to stick out past the chrome trim around the grille. And the fitiment on it looks horrible, check out the corners!

·
Registered
523 Posts

tdrumm said:
coloradoGM said:
tdrumm said:
I had a Stull on my old truck and the quality was top notch. The Precision grille posted looks like a lay over because it seems to stick out past the chrome trim around the grille. And the fitiment on it looks horrible, check out the corners!
I think the problem is the installation manual suck for the Precision grills. My brother own an accessories shop so when I installed mine I didn't follow the directions exactly. Well that's a lie I followed the instructions the first time and it looked like well, crap like the pictured acadia. I change the mounting points for the grill and it pushed it further back into the grill. I am happy with it now but if I hadn't installed a bunch of grills on various vehicles I never would have known how to get this one to look good. So if you have some install experience you can make it look good for about half the price of a Stull but if you don't have the experience just buy the Stull. Also after I bought my grill Precision came out with a new grill that is a solid billet piece that fits better and has trim all the way around and look more finished. Maybe they will come out with one for the acadia.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Re: WeatherTech mats

Here's the link with pics:
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=3&VehId=1272&Year=2007

$99.95 for front and 2nd row set
$54.95 for front only
$45.00 for 2nd row only
They don't offer a third row item, it appears.

Wish WeatherTech had their "cargo liner" ready for the Acadia. I've had weathertech cargo mats in the last two wagons and they are great--looked practically new after 10 years. Their behind the 2nd row liner for the Yukon would be great with a folding crease for the Acadia.

It will be good when there are pics posted of the GMC mats to compare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: weathertech mats

I don't like them as well as the Husky mats/liners...have had those in my Tahoes for years. I just sent a message to Husky asking when they might be available for the Acadia.

·
Registered
619 Posts

Please post what you find out. Willing to try any quality product.

·
Registered
200 Posts

I've always used WeatherTech cargo protectors in my SUV's.

This time I bought the GM product and it sure seems much more durable. Heavier, stronger and should hold it's shape much better than the W-Tech product.

Plus I think it will end up costing less money once the W-tech Rear Cargo protectors are released. I paid $68.00 thru GMPartsDirect.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
228 Posts

I just got a reply from weathertech indicating that 3rd row floor mats will be available in 4-6 weeks....

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive Products.

We should have this product available for your vehicle in about 4-6 weeks. Please go to this page http://www.weathertech.com/service/applicationrequest.aspx and enter your information. We will notify you when that becomes available.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us.

We can be reached at 800-313-7601. Our hours are Monday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. central standard time, and Sundays 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hammond

MacNeil Automotive Products

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 03/22/07 02:15 PM
To: MacNeil Automotive
Subject: Email Us: Weathertech.com

The following message was processed on the 'Email Us' page of the weathertech.com website.

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia. I see you already have the floor mats for this vehicle. Are there plans for 3rd row floor mats as well?

The Acadia is the first SUV / CUV that has a roomy / useful 3rd row. More usefull then the Honda Pilot and such. Many other owners of Acadias I know of have also expressed interest in 3rd row floor mats as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Did anyone purchase the 2nd row mats from Weathertech yet? I'm curious to know how they fit, and how they cover. Seems like the GM ones for the 2nd row are rather worthless.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I purchased them and am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to trim them to fit and make them work with the smart slide system. Basically you get Weathertech's standard 2nd row mats and you have to trim them to fit. I might just trim them to the same size as the carpet mats in the Acadia. But when you slide the seat forward, it pretty much smashes everything down. Kind of frustrating. I have been playing with them for two days now and still have not trimmed them. I will buy the 3rd row mat when they have it available.

·
Registered
407 Posts

I bought the GM mats from GMPartsHouse.com, I agree the coverage in the second row is not all that good, but the other positions are fine with no trimming. Have ordered the cargo mat now and will see how it looks. Already beginning to carry stuff in the back, don't like throwing down old blankets to protect the "carpet" ::)

J

·
0 Posts

Drumr, re your second row mats. Do they have to be trimmed or can you lay them down as is to cover the entire floor. I'm mostly concerned with covering the entire area as well as the tracks.The second row seat will get maximum use and I want to keep the carpet and tracks covered as much as possible. I don't have to access the third row very often and I don't mind removing the mat for access. I was just looking at the mats on Weathertech's website and I like the one piece idea but I don't want to bother trimming. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts

They cover nicely in the 2nd except for the smart slide feature. You might want to do a little minor trimming on the upper right and left corners to make them fit snug. If your goal is to keep the crud out of the tracks and off the carpet... they will definitely work.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts