GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: .:: NEVER FORGET ::.

"God Bless America" and all those who have fallen keeping us free.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are most kind.  Lost friends in NY during 9/11 and was totally taken down by all this.  There were several heros we will never forget!

Here's my fav email signature:

“If you don’t stand behind our troops… please feel free to stand in front of them.” [/color]

KC-135A/Q/R Boom Operator Combat Aircrew Veteran, MSgt USAF  [/color]

AND another one.
"Home of the Free...  because of the Brave "

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Blowing the dust off of this one.

It is 9-11-10.

Nine years since we were attacked, nine years since we all thought differently of the Emergency Services personnel that work everday to help those in need. Nine years since the need came for us to deploy our military forces, Nine years since all of America came closer together and united as 1 great nation.

Please remember those 343 firefighters, 43 police officers, and thousands of civilians that were killed 9 years ago. Please remember the thousands of U.S forces that have given their lives since then to protect us, and the hundreds of thousands more that continue to fight for our Country and our Freedom.

Take a moment to thank a military service man or woman, and an Emergency Service Worker today as we mark this tragic 9 year anniversary.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
bonk1313 said:

It is 9-11-10.

Nine years since we were attacked, nine years since we all thought differently of the Emergency Services personnel that work everday to help those in need. Nine years since the need came for us to deploy our military forces, Nine years since all of America came closer together and united as 1 great nation.

Please remember those 343 firefighters, 43 police officers, and thousands of civilians that were killed 9 years ago. Please remember the thousands of U.S forces that have given their lives since then to protect us, and the hundreds of thousands more that continue to fight for our Country and our Freedom.

Take a moment to thank a military service man or woman, and an Emergency Service Worker today as we mark this tragic 9 year anniversary.
Thoughts echoed. I was in Manhattan on 9-11-01 and witnessed the second jet as it hit the south tower. A horrible memory that will never and should never go away. God Bless America.

·
Registered
733 Posts
bonk1313 said:

It is 9-11-10.

I couldn't agree more, this is a day we must never forget. I watch this tribute every september 11th since 2001 to remind me of the day and what happened. It is 10 minutes long and a little graphic but so was that day................... :sosad:

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
(I copied this from a friend's FB entry. I think it's a wonderful thought for today)

Today, I will light a candle for every plane. I will listen as they read every name. I will remember those burning buildings as down they came. I will remember the souls we lost & pray for those who remain. I will think fondly of our troops & thank them by name. They fight for America, to keep her the same. I will remember the terrorists, who on that day came. To tear US apart, but made US the same. I will count all my blessings in His name. Today.....................I WILL REMEMBER!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Please remember what happene in NYC, Pennsyvania & Washington D.C. But also please remember those families who also lost a family member on 9/11 due to other circumstances.....My Brother & Dad were involved in a Auto Accident in Charlotte, Mi that same day and we lost our Dad.....The accident wasn't mentioned at all, not like other accidents any other day....Today is a very emotional day for my family and all the publicity makes it that much harder. Please remember to let the people in you lives how much they truly mean to you. I know I do every day, and especially today, I am very thankful that I still have my brother.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
\ 9/11 AMERICA \
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
..\
NEVER FORGET!!! Keep the flag going!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
We shall think of all those that lost their lives, or loved ones this tragic day 10 years ago. May we never forget the sacrafice that people took to help others this day, those sworn to do so and those that just stepped up to help others. I wish we were all as United today as we were 10 years ago.
Never forget!!!!

But be sure there is only one thing to celebrate on this tragic day, Bin Laden is DEAD!

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
The memorial is amazing with the two pools in the footprints of each of the former towers. There is an online reservation system if anyone plans to visit. Www.911memorial.org. I plan to get there soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
mikemu
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing