GMC Acadia Forum banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
gupster88 said:
I have a 2012 Acadia with 53k on it. I purchased it from a used car lot last September. What are the chances of me finding some sort of extended warranty?
What did you decide to do? I'm in an almost identical situation and not sure where to start...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There is a member over on the Traverse board who is also looking for an extended warranty on his Traverse. His GMPP has run out because of mileage, and he wants to continue with some type of coverage. He's finding some plans, but they are pretty expensive so far. Here is a link to his post asking for help in finding coverage.

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=15241.0

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
brigopens said:
... I'm in an almost identical situation and not sure where to start...
Search the 'net for "used car warranty" and see what's out there. Many companies and a host of reviews are available to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2015 Acadia AWD with 10K miles on it and I am about to purchase an extended warranty. I can get a 7 year 120K mile warranty for about $1,800 with the local dealer. The dealer said airbags sensor warning lights are not covered. Is that common?

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
rlawsha said:
... The dealer said airbags sensor warning lights are not covered. Is that common?
It's common to exclude any lights (bulbs or LEDs) in extended coverage warranties. Did you ask about the modules that drive the light?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't mean they don't cover the "bulb". I mean they do not cover a repair on the airbag if the warning sensor is lit. They said it can be caused by bumping into a garbage can or another car, not hard enough to trigger the aribag deployment but hard enough to trigger the sensor light.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Point us to the specific warranty you're intending to purchase. Here's a quote from a warranty info page:

"Airbags are extremely important and they save thousands of lives each year. When you take your car in for it’s next maintenance check-up, make sure that you have the airbag electronics checked out – If something like the sensors aren’t working properly, you don’t want to wait until you have an accident to find out.

The good news is that if they do find an electronic issue with your air bags and you have an extended car warranty, the fix will most likely be covered"

http://www.warrantyinfo.com/category/airbag-coverage/#sthash.dXi6Oh6m.dpuf

Of course, nothing is covered if they find a failed part of the system has been abused, either intentionally or unintentionally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wish I could. The dealer where I bought it is offering it and it is not on their web site. It has a $100 deductible if the service is performed at a different dealer, 0$ deductible otherwise. 7 year, 120K miles, what they call Platinum level.

http://www.yemmchevroletbuick.com/

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Before you buy any extended warranty or service contract, look at all the options and exclusions. You must also investigate if the warranty will be honored by the servicing dealer when you purchase a product outside the manufacturer's umbrella. Aftermarket warranties can be a real headache for both the customer and servicing center.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Re: Sticky: Do I need extended Warranty?

Ours has reached 34K miles and plan to contact/visit 2 dealers for extended warranty pricing and related coverage in the next week. I'm not sure if I will go for it, but will check it out. I don't know if they even want to talk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this forum i just purchased a certified pre owned 2013 Acadia Denali with just over 40k miles i got it under blue book value in flawless condition and got a 5 year 75k mile bumper to bumper, lifetime powertrain, 5 year rim and tire protection package, and 5 year interior and exterior protection package so i am fully covered head to toe :) im so excited i am a full time uber driver and now i dont have to worry about any rips,stains,scratches,holes or anything for the next 5 years they will fix or replace anything including tires or rims that are not normal wear and tear. It covers curbing and road hazards, i think i got a great package and i am excited to drive this beautiful car !!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cruise Chevrolet.... 8199 Rivers Ave North Charleston 29406. Awesome people and great deals i am very excited about my new purchase and the possibilities

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good sellers of GM Protection Plan?

I'm looking to get the Platinum GM Protection Plan (GMPP) for my 2016 Acadia Denali. There are lots of GM dealers online, but I'm wary of scams and want to ensure that I'm purchasing a genuine GM plan at a good price. I really wanted to buy the warranty when I bought the vehicle, but for some crazy reason my dealer only sold a 3rd party plan, not the GM plan.

Does anyone have any good experiences they can share, or make any recommendations on a dealer that sells the genuine GM plan?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
I'm looking to get the Platinum GM Protection Plan (GMPP) for my 2016 Acadia Denali. There are lots of GM dealers online, but I'm wary of scams and want to ensure that I'm purchasing a genuine GM plan at a good price. I really wanted to buy the warranty when I bought the vehicle, but for some crazy reason my dealer only sold a 3rd party plan, not the GM plan.

Does anyone have any good experiences they can share, or make any recommendations on a dealer that sells the genuine GM plan?

Thanks in advance!
Here's an online site offering the GM warranties. Look over some of the info in their blog. http://www.gmeppdirectsmith.com/

·
Registered
110 Posts

Thanks in advance!
If you have to buy a warranty stick to a true GM plan. 3rd party’s can be good or be a total rip off to me not wort the risk.

Generally I just put the money I would spend on the warranty in an account and self insure. The odds are that you will never spend the amount of the plan and that is why the sell them as they are very profitable. Over my last many cars I have never needed the money so I am way ahead on it.

I know many do not keep much cash on hand so in those cases I can understand why some take it.

I have known many to buy these but only two who ever used they paid. Both were Cadillacs with well known issues.

But the GM plan if needed takes much of the pay out risk out of this if you need a plan.

On any plan take it and read it all including the small print. Make sure you are aware of the exact limitations and coverages. Don,t get in a hurry to buy till you are ok with the plan. Many get rushed into plans by sales staff.

·
Registered
388 Posts
BE CAREFUL, the GMPP and the GMEPP are different. The GMEPP is the official GM ESP, the GMPP is provided by some bank, I think it was ALLY bank, I found this out when I was looking into an ESP for my '14 Acadia. Do your homework and then call Dennis Fichtner, I think he's affiliated with Denny Menholt Chevrolet, most of us on the Corvette Forum use him and my Brother just got an ESP for his Malibu from Fichtner. He's usually got the best prices around and is easy to deal with. And IIRC they're are advantages to getting it before the original 3 yr.-36K miles runs out. Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Last One I bought was for our 2003 corvette bought it over the net.many merged extended warranty dicussion.most of the dealer tries to sell mostly the third party.
... delltechsupportnumbers.com ...
Consider yourself history, :spam: er. @admin2 will put the 'ban hammer' on you.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts
About this Discussion
341 Replies
140 Participants
IUOE ROB
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing