GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any new info on the PAL option accessory?

I asked my dealer and they didnt know what it was, i had to direct the GM to where it was on the site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: PAL

My ADI Rep still does not know when it will be available. He says there is no part number for it yet, but still expects it to be out in the 2nd quarter of this year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks, ADI is the company that will be distributing it? It will be what, dealer installed or user installable aftermarket accessory?

·
Registered
151 Posts

I'll bite, what is PAL?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

rme8494 said:
I'll bite, what is PAL?
Police Athletic League

Serious though, PErsonal Audio Link.

Supposedly links your IPOD to the controls and the stereo system. I guess it would display on the NAV screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts

My CA dealer said it should be available in June.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Merged: Acadia PAL threads

Any updates on the IPOD link arrival otherwise known as PAL (personal audio link)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Any updates on the IPOD link arrival?

had a salesman check into.. not sure if he checked with his gm parts dept or an aftermarket shop..but, he said the part should be available in july 07.

·
Registered
128 Posts

If you have an Acadia or Enclave can you just add it later and then use the area above the dash as a storage location for the IPod?

Do you think it will get to hot in that location?

·
Registered
13 Posts

I originally heard that the dealer installed option would locate the IPOD in the glove box.
Then I heard it would go in the dash compartment. IMO it would indeed get very hot in the dash compartment and my personal preference would be the glove box.

·
Registered
19 Posts

According to my GM Accessory Rep, it should be available in the "June time frame" and will be installed in the dash compartment. I'll let you all know as soon as I get more information.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Does the PAL accessory only work with IPOD's? I have another brand MP3 player and was hoping it would work with that.

·
Registered
25 Posts

johnway said:
Does the PAL accessory only work with IPOD's? I have another brand MP3 player and was hoping it would work with that.
I'm assuming, it's a IPOD only thing, since it's references "iPod" a few times. It'll use the Ipod dock connector only.

·
Registered
497 Posts

There's a thread on iPod integration as well. Includes info about some other similar products now available.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

I'm 99% sure it will only work with iPod--as others note it only discusses the iPod. One of our "ground zero" sleuths from GMC, Acadia7j100001, was looking into this for when the PAL would be available.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hello IPOD, goodbye XM? I wonder what the politics are like behind the scenes and if PAL availability (as long as it has an intuitive IPOD browser) will affect XM subscriptions. I suspect it will affect my subscription.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I think that there are enough reasons to keep XM even with the IPOD integration. The many different stations available that provide quite a broad range of alternatives to whatever your favorite music might be will keep XM in the market. I already use my Creative Vision M player about 50% of the time when I am wanting music from my collection. The sound quality through the headphone jacks is better than XM, or FM radio. In fact it's awesome. But The news stations and some of the others such as Hear Music keep me happy with my XM subscription. The oldies stations are good too, and I would have to by quite a bit of music to duplicate the versatility of those stations, and I don't particularly want to own much of what is on XM but I enjoy having it available to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Dede said:
That is not the proper unit. It is the older system - the iConnect. The Acadia requires a newer interface connection - PAL.

Priced at $159 MSRP, plus dealer installation, Personal Audio Link was designed specifically for the iPod. GM expects to make the device available on all of its 56 vehicle models – most by the end of 2007 – meaning GM will offer the widest range of vehicle applications for iPod integration in the industry.

·
Registered
218 Posts
PAL will be available Q4

Met with the GM accessory guy at the Enclave ride and drive and the PAL link for Ipods will be available Q4 for all Lambda platforms.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts