Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here for original thread

:thumb:
Ok, got her done tonight... guess what, wire is up in there! My prod date is 7/2008, I have the floor lights... The glove box lamp wire is located up inside above the knock out for the lamp switch. Drop the glove box and pull the two stops on the box so it drops to floor. Then pull off the right side dash trim piece, just snaps on, then pull off the inner trim panel... this is the one that the lamp would snap into. You will then see a black fabric covered wire up inside the dash, straight up above the hole where the lamp will sit. You can not feel it, unless you got alien fingers, I use a hook tool and a razor knife to surgically cut tape and free the wire. Once I cut the tape the wire dropped and sure enough there was the plug for the lamp in the glove box. Tested and worked perfect. Just make sure you snake wire thru the trim panel before you snap together. Don't forget to take your time to line up the gears on the glove box.... How sad this is the highlight of my day installing a glove box lamp on a loaded new car.... Hope this is a help to someone!!!!

gmpartsdirect.com p/n#: 12450028

Switch comes with the bulb! I guess I will have to add this to my "upgrades" :)

Pictures:

Thanks Silverado!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.