GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
All the pages are showing up in my browser, but they are huge files, so maybe your connection is timing out before they can load.

Here are individual links:
Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Click on them to view, or right-click and "save target" (Internet Explorer) or "save link" (Firefox) to put them on your computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
It looks like all the Flickr photos have been removed. Is there anyone with some updated pics on the install. Also, I see that this was originally posted in 2009. Are there any changes or updates on the newer years? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Can anyone post the GMC Manual/Guide for the 2013 Acadia DVD installation please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I am new to this forum , but I do have the DVD installation instructions that were obtained from a forum resource. They are in all 10 pages in PDF format, for some reason I do not know how to get them on here for other members to view and use.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
4dloveofgod said:
I am new to this forum , but I do have the DVD installation instructions that were obtained from a forum resource. They are in all 10 pages in PDF format, for some reason I do not know how to get them on here for other members to view and use.
If you know the URL of that forum, you can link it here.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
That is pretty dated stuff! I think it's from the '08-'09 manual. No one has added anything since. The poster can probably find the new manual on one of GM's sites if he looks on the 'net hard enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
This is one option I should've sprung for when I bought my 13', the entertainment system. Now my 4 year old wants to watch movies or play games while we drive. Does the 13-15' models have the option for head rest displays or only the flip down?

If so where can I look for the headrests?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
playtilithrtz said:
This is one option I should've sprung for when I bought my 13', the entertainment system. Now my 4 year old wants to watch movies or play games while we drive. Does the 13-15' models have the option for head rest displays or only the flip down?

If so where can I look for the headrests?
Look on the GMC Acadia option lists at the GMC website to find your answers. We're not here to :search: the 'net for you! Then, shop around eBay, Amazon, Crutchfield, etc. to see what's available in what you want and whether or not you want to go through with the modification.

Here's just one site that shows some things available to you: http://www.headrestvideo.com/vsheadrests/gmc/acadia.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone been able to obtain headrest DVD installation instructions for 2014-2015 models? I see others asking for this as well, but no responses.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
I see the link for the initial post is broken. The best I could find on the 'net is a video of the GM OEM headrest DVD installation for earlier years. Though it's not Acadia specific, many of these GM vehicles are wired very much the same. Hope it helps.

GM Rear Headrest DVD Video Monitor Installation

From the Youtube link:

"Here we are providing you with a step by step installation video for a adding an aftermarket headrest DVD monitor system to your 2007 - 2013 GM GMC Chevy truck or SUV.
All products shown in this video are available at OEMAUTOPARTSCO.COM for purchase.
"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Thanks. Saw this one as well, however the components look nothing like the one that I have. Not sure what year that video is for but my units have one large control box that both headrests plug into. There is one input on the control box that I don't have a cable for. I assume this is for the power, but not sure where to get the power from. Doesn't seem to be the same as the earlier manuals that you can find on this forum.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
tobinslang said:
Thanks. Saw this one as well, however the components look nothing like the one that I have. Not sure what year that video is for but my units have one large control box that both headrests plug into. There is one input on the control box that I don't have a cable for. I assume this is for the power, but not sure where to get the power from. Doesn't seem to be the same as the earlier manuals that you can find on this forum.
Have you contacted the unit supplier? They should be able to help you. This could be an equipment-specific installation instruction.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,619 Posts
tobinslang said:
Bought it from ebay and the seller has become unresponsive after the purchase was completed.. Shocking I know
What about the manufacturer of the electronics? Who is that?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top