GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread since there has been and will continue to be an interest in aftermarket wheels for the Acadia. I did not want to mix this in with the wheel picture thread. Please post relevant info or questions here. As a Sticky, it will stay at the top for reference.

I'll start out with great center bore spacer/hub-centric ring info from member imgntht:

Full thread posting here.

Inner Diameter(car hub) measures 74.5...but ring should be slightly bigger for it to fit correctly, likely 74.8 or 74.9
Outer Diameter(aftermarket wheel opening) measures 78.1, and again should be slightly smaller, likely a 77.8 or 77.7?

Well I *hope* I found my own solution...and found a way to help others on here as well.

After calling Tirerack and then a few other sources, I stumbled upon a website called http://www.prestigewheel.com. While their website did not look promising while browsing the parts list, they had a phone number to call (800-854-6770) to order custom made rings. Against my better judgement that "custom" equals "expensive", I gave it a shot. To my delightful surprise they had a set a rings in stock to fit my specific application and it was only $11.85 per ring. Still a bit on the high side considering most rings I found sold for approx $20 for the set of 4, but this was still less than I had in mind to pay. So I placed the order and I should have them in 5-7 days via UPS. I spoke with Sharon who initially answered the phone and she was so helpful and pleasant to deal with. I told her my O.D.(Wheel Bore) and I.D.(Hub Bore) and within a few seconds found what I needed. Part number was HR78-74.10. I noted that I hadn't seen it on the webiste and she noted that the 78 size was newer and not yet listed on the site...This proved to me that she was knowledgeable about current trends and was getting me the correct parts. I mentioned it was for an Acadia and she acknowledged how new it was.

Tirerack DOES offer hub centric rings for wheels manufacturers which they carry. For brands they do not stock, they advised me to contact http://www.1010tires.com. Unfortunately 1010 did not have the available size for the Acadia and could not assist further.

The rims are forged so I'm hoping they will be fine. I also got some info out of the Tirerack guy that the vibration could begin to affect my gears and drivetrain from all the vibrations... Shocked I forgot to ask Sharon at Prestige if the rings were plastic or aluminum...the website shows an aluminum set, so I am assuming that is the case. I would have preferred the plastic, so we'll see what I get in the mail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My rims are a 87.1 from BZO and this seller has our inner hubring size. Incase any one is still upsizing.

myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vortex_tuning/

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170359522124

1 - 2 of 2 Posts