GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I was curious if anyone has switched their 19's, original equipment Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, to the Michelin Latitude Tour's in the same 19' size?

The Michelin's come standard on the Enclave and was curious if anyone has any feedback on how they perform on the Acadia?

Thank you,

Dan

Moderator edit
At the suggestion of a member, thread re-titled to reflect content and made a sticky.[/color]

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Re: Michelin Latitude Tour

For tire performance and ratings, you might want to visit tiretrack.com.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you for the suggestion. I've used tirerack for years. There is almost no info there on the Michelin tire. And if you read the review on the Goodyear RS-A you will understand why I'm asking for any input on the Michelin's! :help:

I've fully researched the differences between the tires...I'm just looking for some real, on the road, experience from people I trust. Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts

I can not compare and contrast the two but we have the Michelins on our Enclave. They are quiet and handled our Minnesota winter without any issues. I would definitely buy them again.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I don't know if I would switch them while they are still new, but based on what tirerack says about the Goodyear 19s, I would buy the Michelin's for sure when replacing them.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 2008 Acadia with 19" wheels. When I ordered mine from the dealer I had them switch to the Michelin Latitude Tour tires before I took delivery for same reasons mentioned here about problems with the Goodyear tires. I have had the Acadia since Oct. '08 and I would definately buy these tires again. No problems. I live in the Northeast with bad snowy winters...great traction and ride...smooth and quiet. I now have about 11,000 miles on the car and tires still look brand new. Just make sure you rotate them as recommended for even wear.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

My experience with Michelin passenger tires is they have a rough ride due to the hard compounds in their tire make-up. I choose the smoother ride with other brand tires. I just put new 70,000 mile rated General Altimax HT's on my stang which replaced the orig BF's
which were extremely noisy. The ride, handling plus quietness is as expected with the Generals. Many have their own preferences. I too use Tire Rack via local front end shop. Tire Rack is where you can learn all about the characteristics of brand tires with their rating coupled with customers feedback. Michelin Brand is not my cup of tea due to harsh ride with suspension taking excess punishment, IMO.
Jon

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

teetertotter said:
My experience with Michelin passenger tires is they have a rough ride due to the hard compounds in their tire make-up. I choose the smoother ride with other brand tires. I just put new 70,000 mile rated General Altimax HT's on my stang which replaced the orig BF's
which were extremely noisy. The ride, handling plus quietness is as expected with the Generals. Many have their own preferences. I too use Tire Rack via local front end shop. Tire Rack is where you can learn all about the characteristics of brand tires with their rating coupled with customers feedback. Michelin Brand is not my cup of tea due to harsh ride with suspension taking excess punishment, IMO.
Jon
I agree with you, but I thought that the 19's only had the two options. (Factory Goodyear or the Michelin)

·
Registered
41 Posts

I just recently replaced the original RSAs with the Latitudes. Got a set of 4 from SAMs with road hazard and $70 Michelin summer discount for about $530.00.

Impressions - The RSAs have a lower profile (more rim and less tire is viewable) and give the Acadia a nicer look IMO. However, the Michelin's don't look bad and ride much more smoothly than the RSAs. The prospect of getting longer wear (The original RSAs needed replacing at slightly under 30K miles) is an added plus. I'm very satisfied with the purchase and would definitely recommend the Latitudes.

·
Registered
662 Posts

Hey Mumford,

Did you replace w/ the exact same size? Just wondering why the different look vs. the RSA's. I have 43,000 on my 19" RSA's and will probably need to replace them before next winter (guessing about 50,000 by then).

·
Registered
677 Posts

MUMFORD said:
I just recently replaced the original RSAs with the Latitudes. Got a set of 4 from SAMs with road hazard and $70 Michelin summer discount for about $530.00.

Impressions - The RSAs have a lower profile (more rim and less tire is viewable) and give the Acadia a nicer look IMO. However, the Michelin's don't look bad and ride much more smoothly than the RSAs. The prospect of getting longer wear (The original RSAs needed replacing at slightly under 30K miles) is an added plus. I'm very satisfied with the purchase and would definitely recommend the Latitudes.
did you happen to see when the summer promo ends at sams? Bj's ends 8/19 but they want also 220 a tire compared to sams at 131

·
Registered
423 Posts

GAR said:
I agree with you, but I thought that the 19's only had the two options. (Factory Goodyear or the Michelin)
Now we have a 3rd option: Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1

·
Registered
468 Posts

Chop-Chop said:
Now we have a 3rd option: Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
True, but the Blizzak is a snow tire. There also is a Toyo Observe snow tire that is the OEM 19" size.

·
Registered
662 Posts

I thought I read Cooper has a 19" CS4 (?) available. Anyone else see that anywhere? Any opinions on Cooper?

·
Registered
677 Posts

Ok Sams has these for 131 and the 70 dollar Mich. promotion just started till september.. it is about 530 out the door. a very good deal

·
Registered
497 Posts

I'm coming up on 50K on my 2007 SLT-2. Given some of the posts, I'm amazed that my original Goodyear RSAs still have tread! But, it's clear that they are down to the wear bars and I will want to replace them before winter here in No. VA, particularly since I spend weekends in the WVa mountains.

The Michelin Latitude Tour tires sound like a great choice. Great reviews, decent price, long warranty -- years and miles.

The Cooper CS4s sound good too. 80K mile warranty in the T version. Has anyone tried them or any idea of price?

·
Registered
217 Posts

tm59 said:
I thought I read Cooper has a 19" CS4 (?) available. Anyone else see that anywhere? Any opinions on Cooper?
Cooper just announced on July 22 that the CS4 will be available in additional sizes including P255/65R18 and 255/60R19. Since this is a recent announcement probably most dealers will not have these tires listed or in stock yet.
http://www.coopertire.com/html/company/news_newsreleases.aspx?tab=7&rtId=2&rId=867

I have used Cooper tires in the past and have have had good luck with them, and although they are not a major tire name they have been making tires for many years. Their tires are usually fairly reasonably priced. They have a tire dealer finder on their website to locate dealers in your area that carry their tires. After reading about this tire on their website, it seems like a fairly hi-tech designed tire.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening...I've got a simple question and hope to hear from you. I drive a 2007 Acadia with the original tires and 47,600 miles on the odometer. I've got the option of buying some Michelins Latitude, but the only thing is that they are 255/55 R-19 instead of the OEM 255/60 R-19. Is there a problem replacing the originals with this alternate size? Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
southwest_sun said:
Good evening...I've got a simple question and hope to hear from you. I drive a 2007 Acadia with the original tires and 47,600 miles on the odometer. I've got the option of buying some Michelins Latitude, but the only thing is that they are 255/55 R-19 instead of the OEM 255/60 R-19. Is there a problem replacing the originals with this alternate size? Thanks.
There is a 255/60-19 version of the Latitute. It is the OEM tire on the Enclave's with 19" wheels.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts