GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all of the Acadia stereos have the auxillary input (even the base model)?

Is it really worth upgrading to the bose speakers/6 cd changer? I use an ipod most of the time so the 6 disc cd changer is no good to me. Is the base stereo/speakers decent? Can you hear the bass? I don't want anything that shakes the car but I like to hear it.

Does the On-star "turn by turn directions" display on the base model stereo? I have heard that it will actually show the directions on the screen which sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 6 Cd player upgrade is actually a package that includes the Bose 10 speaker system (excellent!) and also the automatic climate control and separate climate controls for driver, passenger and rear seats. All in all its a bargain at $870 for all that.

We love the Bose sound, but if you are looking for thundering bass that rocks the car, this ain't it (though I suppose if you turn up the volume enough...). We listen to a variety of music types, including instrumentals with string basses and the bass comes through clearly and crisply.

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is from the GMC website, I don't know where someone saw that the climate control is included with the six disc changer. The quote below is for an SLE because the bose comes standard in the SLT packages so I assume you are looking at an SLE. Also most GM standard radio's are OK but don't compare to either the Bose in my parents SRX or the monsoon in my wifes Grand Am.

'Audio system, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System, (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock (US9)'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts