GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Greetings from Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia actually)
I've been following the Acadia for about a year now- finally GM is making a vehicle that turns my crank!

I'm set to get a AWD, SLE version. Most of the options don't get me too excited (actually the leather on the SLT 1 does but it starts to get a little rich for my wallet) and herein lies my question:

I want a premium stereo package but don't need the DVD stuff (I'm a sales rep and this is a high mileage 'work' vehicle). The GM site is showing me that it's either the base stereo or the $2900 (Can $$) upgrade to the BOSE/6 CD/DVD entertainment package. Is their no 'half-way package??
Am i better off to get the base stereo and simply spend a few hundred $$ on an aftermarket stereo if I don't need the DVD stuff??

thanks in advance
Maritimer

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Unfortunately, I think that is the case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The Canadian brochure and the Can website has those tables but it doesn't list the stereo upgrade as a possible option for SLE. I'll have to push my dealer to see if it's possible in this market.

I've seen 8 Acadia's so far- and test driven one - but they've ALL been carbon colour! I like that colour but am considering another colour just because it seems to be overwhelmingly the common color. I'd love to see a 'poll' listing the results of colour for actual purchases- is there one on this site that I missed??

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I know our very first poll was favorite color, but I don't think anyone has started a "which color did you buy?" poll. Feel free to start it in the polls section if you want. Just be sure to add an option for "undecided" or "haven't purchased yet". Since you have to vote to see the results, non-owners would otherwise be locked out.

We have a carbon and haven't seen a single other one. In our area, the liquid silver seems to be far and away the most popular color.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
admin said:
I know our very first poll was favorite color, but I don't think anyone has started a "which color did you buy?" poll. Feel free to start it in the polls section if you want. Just be sure to add an option for "undecided" or "haven't purchased yet". Since you have to vote to see the results, non-owners would otherwise be locked out.

We have a carbon and haven't seen a single other one. In our area, the liquid silver seems to be far and away the most popular color.
I can see the results of polls I haven't voted on just by clicking the "View results" link next to the poll.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kelly, you're here in the SLC area - have you seen any other Acadias on the road? I haven't seen one yet and I'm on I-15 every day. Do you know what colors/models have already been sold? (I can't really trust the dealers to tell me). Personally, I love the silver, carbon and red. And that Cocoa Outlook looks very nice - sorry, had to throw that in here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have an SLE with the CD6 upgrade package - it's a great deal for US$870. You get the 6 disc CD changer & radio, Bose 10 speaker sound system, PLUS the automatic climate control system with separate settings - and separate controls - for driver, passenger and rear seats.

I also recommend the ultrasonic back-up alarm, cause the rear window is high and a bit small, making rearward vision rather limited. That comes bundled with the Remote start gadget, which is nice if you live where it gets real cold or real hot.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Mister T said:
Kelly, you're here in the SLC area - have you seen any other Acadias on the road? I haven't seen one yet and I'm on I-15 every day.
I haven't seen any on the road. I keep looking, though. I have one on order, as does another guy with whom I work. These are fleet orders No word on delivery dates.

Do you know what colors/models have already been sold? (I can't really trust the dealers to tell me). Personally, I love the silver, carbon and red. And that Cocoa Outlook looks very nice - sorry, had to throw that in here.
I know Salt Lake GMC had a silver SLT-2 and a white SLT-2, both of which had titanium leather and both of which are now sold. Jerry Seiner had a white Silver SLT-2 with titanium leather and a white SLE with grey cloth, both of which are now sold. Beyond that, I don't know. GMC's inventory site shows a bunch coming for each dealer in the greater area, but no one seems to have any right now.

Kelly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kelly, thanks for the info. Anybody know why so many of the originals were white? Did GMC think those would sell better, or was that just the first color produced?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts