GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just purchased a new leather steering wheel (mine was chewed upon). I did a search and found nothing. I'm assuming that once the airbag is removed that it'll be simple. I have done this on VWs no problem but this is my first GM so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I figure I'd rather hear from someone who has done it or knows how before I start fiddling and screwing something up

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I don't recall anyone here ever doing that. I'd recommend an Alldatadiy subscription or having the shop manual on hand for that job.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I don't recall anyone here ever doing that. I'd recommend an Alldatadiy subscription or having the shop manual on hand for that job.
I agree; there could be more involved than just a few steps; how did the steering wheel get "chewed on"?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have seen workers put the steering wheels at my plant. It looks pretty straight forward. I would disconnect the battery first and wait 10 minutes for the Acadia to discharge any power left in the system. You don't want any chances of the airbags going off by accident. You will have to pull the airbag unit from the center of the steering wheel and disconnect the air bag wires. There should be a bolt holding the steering wheel on you would just loosen that to take off the wheel and disconnect the radio control wires. That should be it, and reconnect the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts