GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can add on the steering wheel radio controls to an SLE with the upgraded stereo (6-disc changer w/ Bose). Does anyone know if the controls wiring is already in the steering column, just need to buy the buttons?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to order the Preferred Package Option with the six way driver's power seat to have this option from the factory.

I would think that it was wired for this option. I don't know for sure.

I would have ordered the Bose package if I would have been explained from the dealer that the dual climate control was included in this upgrade. My wife is always cold & I am too hot. The Caddy is nice for us with the dual climate option when we travel on a trip together.

Our dealer now is ordering all SLE with at least the Preferred Option. He sells the SLE quick, but his STL sit longer on the lot.

Pat

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pat,

Without pulling the trim off of the column, it would be nice to know if there was an empty connector behind the trim. Also, I couldn't seem to find the steering wheel control buttons on any of the GM parts sites. I might try to convince one of the bone yards to notify me when a lambda platform gets totaled so I could do some training on parts removal.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.