GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving serious consideration to installing a Kenwood DNX5120 in-dash navigation system. I've done a lot of research and am getting comfortable with attempting the install myself. The one thing that's freaking me out though is that I have no clue how to connect the PAC-Audio SWI-JACK interface, which is needed to maintain steering wheel audio controls. The instructions and application guides on PAC's website have me going in circles. I'm pretty sure I need to connect the green wire on the SWI-JACK to a 27-pin harness in the Acadia as shown in the vehicle specific application guide. I have no clue where this wiring harness is located though. Also not sure where to connect the power and ground lines for the unit. Any experienced installers out there that can offer some help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed a SWI-PS steering wheel control adapter, but I'm sure all units need to connect to the vehicle at the same place. You can splice the steering wheel signal wire at the Body Control Module (BCM) that's under the dash on the driver's side. If I remember correctly, it's on the X1 (Green) connector, Pin 6 (which is a blue wire). If you don't know how to remove the panel to access the BCM, there's a posting on this site discussing the location of the trailer brake controller connector near the parking brake pedal that describes it in detail. I also used a GM LAN interface between the car and the new radio, so I picked off power and ground connections from that.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhk said:
I installed a SWI-PS steering wheel control adapter, but I'm sure all units need to connect to the vehicle at the same place. You can splice the steering wheel signal wire at the Body Control Module (BCM) that's under the dash on the driver's side. If I remember correctly, it's on the X1 (Green) connector, Pin 6 (which is a blue wire). If you don't know how to remove the panel to access the BCM, there's a posting on this site discussing the location of the trailer brake controller connector near the parking brake pedal that describes it in detail. I also used a GM LAN interface between the car and the new radio, so I picked off power and ground connections from that.
Thanks - that's very helpful. In case others are looking for it, I found the thread that discusses removing the panel here:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=657.0

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PAC eventually got back to me with the answer as well. Here it is in case anyone needs:

Hello

The plug you are looking for is a green plug at the BCM(2)

(1) Audio Amplifier (UQA or UQG or UQS)
(2) Body Control Module (BCM)
(3) Brake Pedal Position Sensor
(4) Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
(5) G301
(6) Park Brake Switch

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
loach said:
I'm giving serious consideration to installing a Kenwood DNX5120 in-dash navigation system. I've done a lot of research and am getting comfortable with attempting the install myself. The one thing that's freaking me out though is that I have no clue how to connect the PAC-Audio SWI-JACK interface, which is needed to maintain steering wheel audio controls. The instructions and application guides on PAC's website have me going in circles. I'm pretty sure I need to connect the green wire on the SWI-JACK to a 27-pin harness in the Acadia as shown in the vehicle specific application guide. I have no clue where this wiring harness is located though. Also not sure where to connect the power and ground lines for the unit. Any experienced installers out there that can offer some help?
How was your install? Care to share some pics?
After deciding between the Eclipse AVN6620 and the Kenwood DNX5120, I purchased the Kenwood today. My SLE did not come with steering wheel audio control, so I'm also looking for that.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kram said:
How was your install? Care to share some pics?
After deciding between the Eclipse AVN6620 and the Kenwood DNX5120, I purchased the Kenwood today. My SLE did not come with steering wheel audio control, so I'm also looking for that.
Sorry - couldn't talk my wife into the Kenwood and ended up getting the factory navigation system from JPCustoms.com instead. It just arrived so I haven't installed it yet.

As for the SWI-JACK install with the Kenwood, I later found out that if you use a PAC OS-3 (or OS-3BOSE) interface, you wouldn't need to connect the SWI-JACK to the BCM, but instead would just connect it to a lead on the OS-3. This is of course assuming that you already have steering wheel controls, which apparently you don't. More discussion here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3486.msg45101#msg45101

·
Registered
730 Posts
what?..just kiddin' ;D
Thanks, anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did anyone ever find power on the visor. I would like to mount my monitor there but can't find a hot wire. The visor light switch is not easy to get to since it is part of the mirror cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts