GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone with the '07 Acadia has steering wheel audio controls with the base sle radio (no bose). I was wondering if I could add a steering wheel with audio controls to my acadia to get those features. Has anyone tried this or have any knowledge of this working?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I asked the same question, but for the upgraded stereo (with Bose). Didn't get much information. I can't seem to find the part or the part numbers needed to do this either.

If you find out anything more, let me know.

Bill

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 2007 SLE with Bose. It did not come with steering wheel radio controls. I'm not sure it was even available on the SLE at the time I bought (April 2007), as I would have definitely gotten them if I could. I miss having them. :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
On the 08, the leather wrapped steering wheel WITH audio controls came with the Preferred Pkg. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the audio controls were not a part of that same package on the 07s.

And sorry, but I don't know if it is possible to add the audio controls or not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Another question about the steering wheel audio controls, are the +- volume buttons suppose to light up when the lights are on? All the other controls on the steering wheel do but the +- do not. Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't believe that they light up on mine, but honestly they aren't in my sight line at all, so I may just have missed them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine do not light up, but they are on the rear side of the steering control so no real need to see them visually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wondering if anyone found out if it's possible to add the audio controls onto the wheel or what the approx cost of swapping the base steering wheel for the leather wrapped one with the controls. Just picked up my Acadia from the dealership and the one thing I dislike is the cheap feeling steering wheel & lack of audio controls. Unfortunately, GM doesn't offer the upgraded wheel w/audio controls on the SLE in Canada for some reason....

·
Registered
264 Posts
The volume controls are the only ones that do not light up on the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1qwikws6 said:
Just wondering if anyone found out if it's possible to add the audio controls onto the wheel or what the approx cost of swapping the base steering wheel for the leather wrapped one with the controls. Just picked up my Acadia from the dealership and the one thing I dislike is the cheap feeling steering wheel & lack of audio controls. Unfortunately, GM doesn't offer the upgraded wheel w/audio controls on the SLE in Canada for some reason....
I think others have asked that same question, but I'm not sure anybody has ever given a definitive answer. In the US, the SLE doesn't come with the upgraded wheel w/audio controls unless you add the Preferred Package. I would be somewhat surprised if that was different for Canada, but I really don't know.

gmc.com said:
Preferred Package, includes (AG1) 6-way power driver seat, (AG2) 2-way power front passenger seat and (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant audio controls (PCM)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interestingly, it is different in Canada for some reason. The leather wrapped wheel with audio controls is not available at all on the SLE. It seems that the leather wheel is not that expensive on GM Parts Direct so I'm just going to stop by the dealer and confirm if the wheel includes the audio controls before I order it and try it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will be watching for a reply on this too, since I also have an SLE, am in Canada, and have the upgraded BOSE stereo, only the two CD/DVD slots, and the DVD screen. The only thing we did NOT want was the leather seats, and this threw everything else off of the preferred package. My first trip was five hours and that steering wheel did nothing for me, plus the first thing I said to the dealer when I got in the day I picked it up was...where are the audio controls, I think they screwed up. But, if you find out, let me know, I'd like to see if I can upgrade too... :cheers:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any info on this. I'm looking for one, too. I just bought a Kenwood DNX5120 nav and I can't find a steering wheel audio control. There are items for Pioneer but not for the Kenwood. So my best bet would be for the factory steering wheel control and add PAC-SWI interface

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kram, did you install the factory steering wheel w/audio controls? if so, how did it hook into the DNX5120?

·
Registered
730 Posts
dadscar said:
Kram, did you install the factory steering wheel w/audio controls? if so, how did it hook into the DNX5120?
I couldn't find any aftermarket steering wheel audio control and couldn't justify buying another factory steering wheel just to have an audio control. If you go the factory route (0r any after market audio control), you need a PAC-SWI adapter for the DNX5120 to work with the audio controls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts