GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Acadia just had the "Steering Assist is Reduced" message pop up as well as the temp gauge showed cold. Figuring my A/C probably isn't working either but it's too cold out to need it. I have 110K miles on car so no warranties anymore. Weird thing, my car has been running fairly poorly over the past month. At slower speeds and even when cruising on freeway, it seems to have some "glitches". Not really sure how to describe it but just not smooth. Hoping this is all related. Looked at the TSB 17-NA-390 and planning on taking my car to dealer and have them do the fix for the TSB. Has anyone had it fix the problems? Any info. or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Acadia just had the "Steering Assist is Reduced" message pop up as well as the temp gauge showed cold. Figuring my A/C probably isn't working either but it's too cold out to need it. I have 110K miles on car so no warranties anymore. Weird thing, my car has been running fairly poorly over the past month. At slower speeds and even when cruising on freeway, it seems to have some "glitches". Not really sure how to describe it but just not smooth. Hoping this is all related. Looked at the TSB 17-NA-390 and planning on taking my car to dealer and have them do the fix for the TSB. Has anyone had it fix the problems? Any info. or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
my car just started displaying the “steering assisted reduce drive carefully”. What ended up happening with your situation and if you don’t mind me asking what was the cost?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
my car just started displaying the “steering assisted reduce drive carefully”. What ended up happening with your situation and if you don’t mind me asking what was the cost?
Try reading this thread below. Is your heat working and A/C
It seems quite a few have engine thermostats going out even in relatively new Acadias.
Although that message is used to alert several unrelated issues.

Temperature Gauge drops and A/C stops blowing cold air

Reactions: Cbahena

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Acadia is at the dealership for this reason as we speak. He said the thermostat needed to be replaced. They had to order one of the parts and should be ready tomorrow. We had the extended warranty to thankfully it’s covered under that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended taking mine to the dealership and when I went to drop it off it stopped doing it. Let them know what was going on and the service bulletin 17-NA-390. They did what the bulletin recommended and it seemed to fix the issue for now. Only cost was the diagnostic fee of 180. I did get a quote to change the thermostat and it was going to be around 680.00

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good luck. Same thing happened to me except I also had small hole in radiator. Here’s my response from dealership:

Ok. I heard back. Basically it’s a 2400 fix 😡. He explained problem but not sure I can repeat but something is “stuck” open and sending signals to the fan because it thinks something is overheating so fan goes on overload. Then they found a small leak in radiator. Kicker is I have extended warranty up until 75,000. I have 76k. 😩😩😩😩😩

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone with this issue tried disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery? Maybe it’s just an error code making the car think it’s overheating. Disconnecting the negative terminal will reset the computer and clear the error code. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Has anyone with this issue tried disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery? Maybe it’s just an error code making the car think it’s overheating. Disconnecting the negative terminal will reset the computer and clear the error code. Just a thought.
It's been mentioned in several threads regarding the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Acadia Denali, just purchased used in Sept. 2021 with 59,000 miles. Same issues, as everyone else. Steering assist reduced, No A/C, temp gauge drops to cold. Replaced Battery, replaced temperature sensor, had radiator flushed. Have taken negative off and reset multiple times. Now when I turn on A/C, same things happen, except the A/C is now stuck on!!! Have thermostat on order, any other ideas would be awesome!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We tried that and the message went away for about a week but it has now returned

1 - 10 of 10 Posts