GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Acadia Denali & it is showing the Steering Assist Error Message which I believe is something with the Thermostat. Can someone please quickly explain the cause of this problem & what the Solution is? I want to be able to present it to the dealer if they try and tell me the problem I'm having is something else.

Thank you,

Dan

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts
Reactions: Nick19

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Acadia Denali & it is showing the Steering Assist Error Message which I believe is something with the Thermostat. Can someone please quickly explain the cause of this problem & what the Solution is? I want to be able to present it to the dealer if they try and tell me the problem I'm having is something else.

Thank you,

Dan
I am having this issue now with my 2019 Acadia. Were you able to get the issue resolved?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having this issue now with my 2019 Acadia. Were you able to get the issue resolved?
Had the same problem back in June and before message would come on then go off then it came on consistently air conditioner shut down. Research the issue tried a few fixes the one I found at work or my problem was the battery terminals need to be cleaned and tightened. Once that was done the problem was fixed so far the last three months have been good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem back in June and before message would come on then go off then it came on consistently air conditioner shut down. Research the issue tried a few fixes the one I found at work or my problem was the battery terminals need to be cleaned and tightened. Once that was done the problem was fixed so far the last three months have been good.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Good on @Gary1p for replying and helping out . (y)
It's a good time of year to check the batter and cable connections. Especially as a vehicle ages, electrical gremlins of all sorts creep in.
The electrical systems on today's vehicles can be affected by some relatively small and sometimes difficult to locate causes and may seem unrelated to an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good on @Gary1p for replying and helping out . (y)
It's a good time of year to check the batter and cable connections. Especially as a vehicle ages, electrical gremlins of all sorts creep in.
The electrical systems on today's vehicles can be affected by some relatively small and sometimes difficult to locate causes and may seem unrelated to an issue.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you,

Dan
I just saw this same message come up on my 2017 Acadia this morning. I was wondering what this problem was. I went to start up my truck this evening and no messages on the dashboard. This had me puzzled as here it is the week of Thanksgiving and we are scheduled to hit the road later this week. Trying to get into the dealership and of course no available appointments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts