GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local dealer twice this past week and they can't seem to figure out which options are standard, and which are true "options" - as in pay more $$. The salesman printed out a pseudo build-up of an SLT-2, but that still left me wondering how "complete" this was in terms of my knowing everything I ought to know before placing an order. I made an appt. to meet w/ the sales mgr yesterday, and he knew about as much, but he did print a better price sheet displaying MSRP, Invoice, GMS, and Supplier pricing.

Unfortunately, he could not tell me the diff. between two radio options:

• U3R - Audio Sys /w Nav....CD player
      UZR Audio Sys w/ Nav...CD/DVD [/color] player.

The UZR is an $1,890 option. Can one of you SLT-2 owners (or other knowlegdable person) tell me the diff? I don't want an "entertainment" system, but I do want the nav. screen, rear camera, etc. What does the DVD do for me in addition to the CD player? Is this just another compression format for music - as in I can burn many more songs (or pics or whatever) to a dvd than to a standard cd - and then listen to that dvd in my Acadia? Tell me there is something else that justifies the cost!

Also, he's listing a "Limited Promotion Option, Remote vehicle starter system" for $260. Isn't this standard on an SLT-2? I used to see it on the 2008's key fobs, and it wasn't even an option listed on their sticker. For 2009 does one need to actually order this as an option?

Thx for the help. I need to "know" these things before I place an order!!

The SLT-2 I'm configuring is approx: Wihite Diamon Tri-coat, HID, HUD, Trailering, Nav, Bench, stock 18" wheels, no radio selected yet.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
UZR is the NAV/radio that comes with the U42 rear entertainment system.
U3R is the HAN/radio that you get if you do not get the U42 rear entertainment system.

Both options are the same price as the DVD portion of the UZR is priced as part of the U42 entertainment system. It sounds like you want U3R.

The VBS 2-Way Advanced Remote Start is $260 list price. It sounds like that is what they are talking about. This is the extended range remote that has a display on the remote that gives you feedback. There are other posts on this site that can give you more info.

Good Luck!!

Here are some details.

UZR Touch Screen Navigation Radio w/CD/DVD Player
Includes AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player, DVD-based touch screen navigation, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, voice recognition, auxiliary input jack and rearview camera system. REQUIRES U42.

U3R Touch Screen Navigation Radio w/CD Player
Includes AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player, DVD-based touch screen navigation with XM NavTraffic, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, voice recognition, auxiliary input jack and rearview camera system. NOT AVAILABLE with U42, UZR.

U42 DVD Rear Entertainment System
Includes rear seat DVD player with remote control, 8" overhead display, 2 sets of 2-channel wireless infrared headphones, auxiliary audio/video input jacks, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, auxiliary input jack, TheftLock and Advanced Bose 10-speaker system with 5.1 surround sound.

VBS 2-Way Advanced Remote Start

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GAR,

Thx for the clarification. I believe that this "fancy" remote start is the one that has been talked about, and included some data / screen (sml) that provides add'l. info besides just starting the car by remote. I think I can live w/ the standard remote start.

Also, I think you're correct - the U3R DVD based Nav radio is all I really want.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming order Smooth. I just wanted to point out that the fancy new remote gives you feedback that the car did start and also extends the range significantly. That may not make a differnce to you but I wanted to make sure you knew. If you decide later on that you want that remote it will cost more because you will have to pay for labot to install it (whereas if you buy it from the factory then it is already installed).

Also, I noticed you are interested in HUD. Something else new for the 09 is they bundled the HUD with the rear cargo area audio controls into a package called the Technology package. So now if you want HUD it costs about $150 more...

Good luck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
What is the range on the advanced remote vs. the standard remote?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JonTon said:
Congrats on the upcoming order Smooth. ...
Also, I noticed you are interested in HUD. Something else new for the 09 is they bundled the HUD with the rear cargo area audio controls into a package called the Technology package. So now if you want HUD it costs about $150 more...

Good luck!
JonTon,

Thx for the good tips. I learned about the bundling of the rear audio and the HUD while at the dealer. That's a strange couple of items to bundle. What do HUD and rear audio have in common ?? I told the dealer that since I didn't want the rear audio that I'd be happy to accept free roof cross rails - installed. I'm pretty sure they're OK with this.

I've also been reading some recent posts on the extended range starter (thanks for clarifying). I'm still content w/ the standard key fob starter. For me, some items are really just "cool to have" and not "gotta have". It's expensive already, so cutting back on some non-essentials is OK w/ me. The GMS price for the ext. range starter is $216.

Smooth <><[/color]

To answer the question below JonTon's post, the std range is approx. 10-30 ft while the extended starter apparently works from hundreds of feet - thus the need to tell you (by your handheld remote) whether or not the vehicle has started or not.[/color]

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bonk - great video demo. Answered my question for sure. Just wished I would have known about the factory option when I ordered my 2009. Probably would have come pre-wired with just some programming required by local dealership.

I think that this is a must have in my area. I have a long range aftermarket in my Accord and I love it. Based on info that Blue posted, it sounds like this may activate the heated/cooled seats too.

I will wait until just before winter to get it installed, hoping by then my dealer will have some experience with installs.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That sounds like a Smooth package... and here I thought mine would be the sole SLT2 with the bench. You sir have great taste in Acadias! Don't forget the cooled seats since you're spending the coin for the SLT2, the members here that have them/have tried them like them. That will be another issue, since you "can't" order KB6. You insert the proper code for the interior (perforated leather) and the KB6 is automatically added.

Sounds like you are running into what we did last month. The issue on our 7-18 order date was the PCI "option" which in fact is not an option on the SLT2. Our local dealer was not too swift on getting things done, so we ordered from a larger dealer about 150 miles away w/o any hassle (and at $333 over invoice w/ all fees).

We're looking forward to the advanced remote start. I wanted this for the feedback feature. We were walking into an Applebees (restaurant) recently and a family was walking out & remote started their Outlook XR. I chatted the guy up & asked how he liked the remote start. He was very happy with it, but the thought occurred to me that he was not really gaining anything by running the motor 10-15 seconds before getting in. With the VBS, you can be inside the restaurant in line paying your check & remote start up to 10 minutes, and extend once for a total of 20 minutes max. You don't need line of sight (to see the lights flash) as you do with the regular version. For $216 installed, this is well worth it based on how we will use the vehicle. What I really want is a Star Trek like interface for the nav system, so I can input heading & warp speed and then activate it by saying either "Engage" (with a hand gesture) or "Make it so". :D

From what I've researched, it still sounds like the dealer has to do something with the advanced remote, just like the headrest DVD option. I don't know why the factory gives a code for these if the dealer is installing them. Wouldn't be the first time for GM though, as the first Z/28 Camaros had the headers in the trunk from the factory.

Keep us posted on how it is going.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered the advanced remote on my Acadia and they said it came installed from the factory on the 09's. From what I have read here I think the people that had to install the antena ordered the remote after they had the Acadia because it wasn't available to order with the 07 and 08 models.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That is great to hear. Our dealer (purchase location) is like 150 miles away, so I want to be able just to pick it up & not have to have them fool around installing stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Please post pics when you take delivery of your 2009 with the Adv. remote installed at the factory. I'm wondering exactly where they mounted the antenna.

I guess I'm bummed that I didn't know that this was to be a factory installed option on the '09 or I would have done it. If I'm really lucky they use the car's antenna somehow and the functionaly is already there with just some programming required. :thumb:

My first thought is warranty on the dealer installed vs. factory (I assume it would be 3yr/36k like the rest of the car).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
You couldn't have gotten it anyway- it was not "released" until the 7/25 option update according to the PDF file I downloaded.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
You couldn't have gotten it anyway- it was not "released" until the 7/25 option update according to the PDF file I downloaded.
Yeah, if we had re-ordered (there's a story there) we were going to take advantage of that update and add that option and perhaps the hit the road package option too. Cool thing is I can always go ahead and get those added after the fact with a little bit of elbow grease (mine or the dealership's).

I could'nt justify the additional $$$ involved in taking advantage in Part II of that update - the dual headrest DVD system; although it was tempting. Glad to report my 2 year old is LOVING the overhead DVD though. And I'm loving the fact that I can continue to jam out to KSBJ while he listens to his cartoons with the wireless headphones.

Did I mention I love this vehicle!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.