GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you place an order into the system the first step it goes to is 1100 (Preliminary) That means the order has passed GM's edit tables and is a valid "Buildable" order. It also is when an order # is generated and assigned to it. This order # is the one that will follow it until it is built. It also is what is used to make sure you have things like price protection in the case of a price increase between the order time and invoice time. 1101 is essentially the same thing as 1100. The only difference is 1101 is more of an internal code for GM. They both still mean that it is a preliminary order still. When your order gets accepted by GM for production it will move to 2000. Here is the brief list of Status codes that are applicable to an order as far as the customer is concerned.:

Order status codes:
1100 = Preliminary Order (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
2500 = Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
3000 = Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
3100 = Sequenced (Order sequenced for Production)
3300 = Scheduled For Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
3400 = Broadcast (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
3800 = Produced (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
4150 = Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 = Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer

There are other codes but they are almost exclusively used internally by GM and have no real effect on the status of the order as pertaining to the customer.

When you order your Acadia or any other GM vehicle you can call them and ask what the Status Event Code is, and they will give you one of the numbers above. This will help you figure out where your order is within the system.

I hope this is useful information.

Adam Boca

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Nice.

thanks for the info. I am going to sticky it at top.

Tomorrw I will also call the dealer tofind out what number I have on my order.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glad I could help....

Adam Boca

·
Registered
364 Posts
This was great info. Thanks.

I ordered an 07 SLT-2 Acadia, Deep Blue/Titanium on 4 Jan 07.
Dealer advised it would be delivered in 10 weeks (15 Mar).

Using your info, I just called the dealer and found the Acadia was built and shipped by train on 30 Jan and arrived in Petersburg, Va (about 60 miles away) on 7 Feb (yesterday). They will load on a truck and we should have it next week (4 weeks early).

My wife is expecially thrilled about it being "born-on" 30 Jan.
Both of our daughters, 1 of our granddaughters, and my wife's grandmother were all born on Jan 30--and now her new Acadia as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
002 said:
This was great info. Thanks.

I ordered an 07 SLT-2 Acadia, Deep Blue/Titanium on 4 Jan 07.
Dealer advised it would be delivered in 10 weeks (15 Mar).

Using your info, I just called the dealer and found the Acadia was built and shipped by train on 30 Jan and arrived in Petersburg, Va (about 60 miles away) on 7 Feb (yesterday). They will load on a truck and we should have it next week (4 weeks early).

My wife is expecially thrilled about it being "born-on" 30 Jan.
Both of our daughters, 1 of our granddaughters, and my wife's grandmother were all born on Jan 30--and now her new Acadia as well.
That is awesome! Glad I could help out....

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Nice.

thanks for the info. I am going to sticky it at top.

Tomorrw I will also call the dealer tofind out what number I have on my order.
His boss ha sit under lock and key. Has to wait until he comes in from lunch.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typically they have to look in the computer at GM Dealer World....The person who orders the cars (New Cars Sales Manager) usually is the one who orders...

Adam Boca

·
Registered
32 Posts
Adam, If you're out there, I have a question about the Status Event Codes. I ordered an Acadia on 1-30-07 and my dealer has been in touch with me every week like clockwork giving me updates on it's manufacture. Today (exactly 2 weeks after the order was placed) he called with a good update and I asked what the Status Event Code was and chuckled and said that no one had ever asked for that before. He called back and said it was at 3400 (Broadcast). I don't really know what that means as far as starting down the assembly line or time until shipped, but it sounds prettty good to me for only being put in 2 weeks ago. In your experience, what does "Broadcast" really mean and does it seem like my order is moving along as good to you as it seems to me - especially since they have to be swamped with orders at the current time?

But mostly, Adam, thanks for sharing your technical knowledge with us on this forum!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The way most GM plants work is by "Just in time delivery"...This means parts are produced in various plants or suppliers and then sent to the assembly plant to be built. Broadcast means it is sent to the suppliers for them to get your parts ready, they tag them and then they are shipped to the assembly plant to build your car. You are VERY close to being built...Look for 3800 status in the next several days!

Glad I can help. If you have anymore questions please let me know...

Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a further comment on the Codes. I checked with my dealer last week Friday and the statis of my order was 3400 (Broadcast), he called this morning to tell me they had received the Invoice (4150) today. He said that I could expect to see the vehicle by the end of the week or the first part of next week at the latest. I live in central Wisconsin. The vehicles are shipped from the factory by rail to Janesville, WI and then by auto carrier to the dealers. I placed the order on Jan 4th and the order was accepted by GM on Jan 9th. It's a SLT-2 in Deep Blue Metallic with the Light Titanium interior. HUD, HID and 19's.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, this is cool info. I can't wait to call my dealer and ask them for my staus code. Maybe I'll give them until Monday. That way it'll be two weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks again, Adam! We all appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I'll keep in touch as the dealer informs me of my new codes.

Outlaw, Keep us posted on your vehicle's progress. I must be only about a week behind you in the assembly process even though you ordered yours 3 weeks ahead of me. They must be refining their supply and assembly processes rather quickly over the last month for this new vehicle. Yours went from Broadcast to Invoiced in just a few days. WOW! I have no idea how they ship the vehicles to Kansas so I'll just have to see how it goes when we get to that point.

If more of us give our build (and code) experiences, it will help the customers who are about to order understand the production sequence and timing.

2007 Acadia FWD, SLT-2, Summit White, 2nd row bench, towing pkg. - getting excited!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dealer reported code 4800 today. I don't see it on the list...but I'm hoping they sent an invoice so I can complete the purchase before end President's Day Sale in the Northeast on Monday.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it is as 4800 status, then it should be invoiced...I would call the dealer...The car is sent to the shipper and immediatly invoiced....

You should be getting your car in the next 7-10 days! Congrats!

Adam

·
Registered
84 Posts
No Invoice Yet...
My dealer has the VIN number for my order but they report that they do not have the invoice and cannot sell the car yet. I wonder if they are allowed to sell the car and take advantage of the current incentives before it has the status of delivered-to-dealer. They are waiting for further info from the regional rep.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Are we entitled to this info?

My salesmans mgr is being a jerk and won't tell him the updated status.

If it wasn;t a 45 min drive I would go there myself. Maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My order went to 4150 on Friday afternoon...Invoiced to dealer! When I called this morning, they said they will "receive" the vehicle against my order on Monday which will qualify it for the current incentive programs.
They can then file for the incentive credit over the next 4 months. So...if anyone else has their order at or beyond 4150 and can get their dealer to receive it, you will be locked into the current incentives which run thru Monday.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My dealer told me today that as long as they have the VIN number they can apply the current incentives.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
That's it.

I am going to the dealer on Monday. My salesmans manager won't give him the info I want on the status code.

Maybe a personal visit is necessary. They really don't want me to do this but I think I will.

·
Registered
84 Posts
NY...
If they give you any trouble ask for the name and number of the GM Zone Manager for your region. They will know you mean business if you do this, and he can give you the info if they will not. You can also get his/her number from GMC. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 347 Posts