GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I called my dealership to find out if they knew a delivery date for my Acadia. It had been 6 weeks to the day and I was getting very tired of waiting. I asked my salesman him if there was anyway of looking in the computer. His response was "No we can't look it up, we just have to wait for it to come in." I was pissed but what could I do.

Saturday night I was doing my weekly "Hard Target Search" of 32 GMC dealerships in the Washington D.C Metro area to see if anyone had one like I had ordered. The sticking point is the 2nd row must have the bench seat. I have 3 (soon to be 4) retired racing greyhounds and I did not like the fact that with the captains chairs in the 2nd row there was a chance for them to fall in the hole between them when folded down. No luck on the search so I Googled "GMC Acadia" just for fun. What did I find? This discussion forum! I was in Acadia heaven.

A few minutes of poking around and I found the thread about status codes and what they were. I called my dealership this morning, asked to speak to the sales manager and told him to look up my order and tell me the current status code. After a brief pause he said "How do you know about status codes?" I told him the internet was full of fun information! My salesman called me back an hour later and said "Your Acadia will be here in a week. It's status code was 4200 as of Thursday the 12th" He then asked me how did I find out about the status codes and I told him about this forum. Are they a big secret they don't want people that order vehicles to know about? Maybe it's just my dealership...

Needless to say, I got very little work done today thinking that in a week, my baby will be here!

A big thanks to all who post here and I will be sure to post pictures of my Acadia as soon as I can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, it's not a secret, they're just a bunch of lazy asses! I've been in touch with my customers about their factory orders from day one! I've been able to tell them when it first got to the platform, when it was completed and when it was enroute to our dealership.

Some people don't want to work!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Welcome dchillrat, we're glad you found us! Congrats on such good taste in vehicles, you're going to love your Acadia! 7 weeks is actually a pretty short wait time, count yourself lucky!

·
Registered
140 Posts
cranecurse, I like the name Cadie! My 5 yr old daughter, Katie, thinks our car is a Katie-a.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DROVE BY MY DEALER LAST NIGHT AFTER HOURS. THERE WAS A DELIVERY OF ACADIAS ON THE TRUCK. THIS AM I CALLED MY SALESMAN TO SEE IF MY CADIE WAS IN. HE WENT OUT TO THE LOT AND CAME BACK AND TOLD ME THAT THE CAR WAS NOT IN THIS DELIVERY. BUMMER...................................20 MINUTES LATER MY SALESMAN CALLS BACK YES.YES.YES. THE CAR IS INFACT IN AND CAN BE DELIVERED TODAY AT 4PM

YA HOO

·
Registered
123 Posts
congrats enjoy your ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts