GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to help my parents here.
They ordered thier 08 Summit White Acadia SLT2 with Nav, Dual scape sunroof, 7 Passenger on Oct 28th, 2007. They had wanted the DK1 2nd row console, but the dealership screwed up and never removed it from the order until Dec 7th after finding out that it was not available.
They are now being told that the vehicle is in status 2000.
How long was your ordered acadia sitting in status 2000, or how long did it take for you to take delivery after it went to status 2000?

Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Bonk,

Status 2000 is not good if the vehicle was ordered Oct. 28th, even if the dealer changed it Dec. 7th. Right now the order is basically in limbo, with no build date scheduled. You really don't get anywhere until your order status reaches 3000 and a build week is assigned when it reaches 3300. You should be at 3000 at least if the dealer did in fact remove DK1, unless there is some other option that is holding up the order. Right now I don't know what that would be though.

I would almost consider cancelling that order and starting over. At that rate you should only be 6-8 weeks out instead of in limbo.

·
Registered
812 Posts
That seems an eternity of waiting.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bonk1313 said:
Hello, I am trying to help my parents here.
They ordered thier 08 Summit White Acadia SLT2 with Nav, Dual scape sunroof, 7 Passenger on Oct 28th, 2007. They had wanted the DK1 2nd row console, but the dealership screwed up and never removed it from the order until Dec 7th after finding out that it was not available.
They are now being told that the vehicle is in status 2000.
How long was your ordered acadia sitting in status 2000, or how long did it take for you to take delivery after it went to status 2000?

Thanks everyone
Update on this :eek:hno: :eek:hno: :sosad: :sosad:

My parents had got fed up and did not want to lose some incentives that were going on. So they ended up having the dealer find another similar Acadia elsewhere, and bought that one on Jan 26th on a dealer swap.
So the dealership still had the original order placed with GM and left it that way and they would just put the car on the lot when it arrvied..
It was ordered Oct 28th, but went on hold because of the 2nd row console restriction.
Order modified, Dec 7th to remove console
Build date was assigned in January of Feb 18th,
AND IT JUST HIT THE DEALER INVENTORY ON MARCH 6TH. WHAT A JOKE!
In regards to the whole dealer allocation theory, they dealer did not add any others to the inventory at this time. So would it have been delivered all by itself without the rest of the dealers order/allocation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts