GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my son played his Nintendo Gamecube (plugged into the 115v outlet) on the rear entertainment system on a recent long trip, I noticed static on the radio (on both FM and XM) that seemed to correlate to his inputs on the game controller. He was using wireless headphones while I listened to the radio through the front speakers. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep...we took our Wii on a trip and had the same issue.

Also, we have interference when we plug an iPod in and the kids listen to it through the headphones. We can hear the music coming through the radio (FM, AM & XM) up front.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We noticed on our most recent trip that the DVD our son was watching in the back with headphones on, was slightly bleeding through our XM station we were listening to. Most of the time we did not hear it, but occasionally it came through.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What this sounds like is the 115V, if taxed, draws more power into a central power line from which the radio is also connected. The power can be "noisy" and the radio can no longer compensate for the noise level due to the additional power flow and thus reflects this noise as static. I believe this is also related to third party blue tooth units (but their radio noise is coming directly from the speaker inputs to the radio).

If this becomes annoying, I would try a ground loop on the power line going into the radio to see if this cleans up the problem.

I don't believe this would fix the bleeding between Nav audio sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts