Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we picked up our Acadia tonight and we love it!! After a few issues with the dealer swap and a minor paint issue (I will explain) everything is great. One thing I did notice on the way home is a static noise (like from a speaker) when turning on the directional both ways). I am not sure what this is. I had the radio off. Has anyone experienced this? I am not sure what this is. As far as the paint issue, when the Acadia arrived from the other dealer there was a raised decal with the other dealers name on it. When my dealer was washing it they removed this. When removing it the took a gouge/scratch out of the paint right below the Acadia emblem on the tailgate. When I was inspecting the vehicle I noticed this. At first i thought it was leftover adhesive, but it turned out to be a scratch in the paint. I told the dealer and they are going to take care of it for me. They said they will do whatever I want to fix it (touch up, repaint, etc.). What do you think I should opt for?

Any feedback on either topic is much appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tim

Liquid Silver SLT-1, Convenience, Towing, and Heated Washer Fluid

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same issue - posted it here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=257.msg3157#msg3157

The vehicle sounds (door chimes, turn signals, etc) actually play through the radio, hence the hum is linked to this, but not normal. I also hear engine whine through the speakers, and Onstar sounds "muddy" when I activate it (I'm curious is yours does the same, and if you have the other symptoms I noted in that thread)

My dealer agreed it was all abnormal and traced the issue to a bad power/electrical filter inside the radio. He wants to swap the radio unit, which is currently on-order. I have the Bose 10 speaker unit with 6-disc changer (no nav)...do you have the same unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly the same issue and yes I have the same unit (bose 10 with 6 disc no nav). Thanks for your help on this. Thanks!

- Tim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sure - I should hopefully have the new unit next week - will let you know the outcome. He indicated the filters are in the radio itself, hence the need to swap. I'm a little irritated by that, as he's going to have to pull the whole dash out and put it back together - hopefully that won't introduce any early squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey JRocco, any luck with the static noise. We have the same issue with our slt-1 and was curious if replacing the radio corrected problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Janda930,

I had a schedule conflict arise, and could not make my service appt. They shipped the new unit back to GM and now have to order a new one (apparentely it's in short supply, which makes me wonder if this is a common issue). Last time it took 3-5 days for the part to come in, so hopefully I can have the vehicle serviced next week and post the result here.

--Joe

·
Registered
322 Posts
added poll....

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's good to see a poll added but am wondering, since this thread started well over a month ago, if these same people got it fixed or just to decided to live with it?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I purposely checked for this in my SLE today and heard nothing. But I only have the base model sound system and radio. No nav or anything fancy-pants like that. In fact, it does not sound like the signal sound or any other sounds are coming through my radio speakers at all. So perhaps this issue just doesn't apply to me. (I tell ya, I'm happier every day that all I could afford at the time was an SLE with no frills... :-X It seems from this forum that the majority of the quirky issues with the Acadia come from the SLT models.)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey, so far (knock on wood), the only quirky thing with my SLT2 is me :confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I noticed today when using OnStar I get a constant static sound when OnStar is in use. It goes away when OnStar is ended. I don't hear any static when the turn signals or the radio is used. I only hear it when using OnStar. I have never had OnStar before, but it did not sound right. I wonder if it is the same bad power filter in the radio as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
janda930 said:
Hey JRocco, any luck with the static noise. We have the same issue with our slt-1 and was curious if replacing the radio corrected problem.
Hi - sorry I have been out of touch. I took the vehicle in yesterday. The service manager indicated it took a long time to get the new radio as it had been redesigned to address this issue, and that he had already successfully replaced four of them (according to him, all 6-CD changer units, which according to my service records are A/C Delco (the speakers are Bose).

Unfortunately, while he assured me he had the redesigned unit, he told me after he put it in and had the same issue that he realized that GM had sent him the old unit, so he has to re-order the upgraded part, which should be in by the end of the week. I'm not sure I buy his story, as the "new" radio still has all my same presets. I think he was trying to cover his tracks as I had made the appointment a week in advance and had asked him to call me before I brought the vehicle in if the part did not arrive. I'm guessing it didn't and he forgot to call me and didn't realize until I showed up.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post once I get the service done...but according to him there is a redesigned unit out there. I saw a flyer recently that showed the Saturn Outlook service bulletins. This was not on it, but I think the radio is specific to the Acadia...anyone have access to those bulletins?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts