GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GMC Acadia SLT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not able to get at the vehicle currently. My wife says it won't start, won't even crank unless she cycles through the gears with the shifter & gets back into Park. Then, it turns slow, but won't start. She sent a Snapchat of this, & it sounds like it's turning over hard. Please help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, not an auto mechanic. BUT regardless, there's a certain level of info needed before any 'help' can be given. But consider the basics - air/fuel/spark. Is it a sudden issue? Is there spark? Is there fuel? Is there a 'check yo' engine' light?

I understand everyone has their level of expertise and cars may not be in there. But these are the things you need to note (especially the light, or any other light) even if you are requesting information for another person.

·
Registered
2012 GMC Acadia SLT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, not an auto mechanic. BUT regardless, there's a certain level of info needed before any 'help' can be given. But consider the basics - air/fuel/spark. Is it a sudden issue? Is there spark? Is there fuel? Is there a 'check yo' engine' light?

I understand everyone has their level of expertise and cars may not be in there. But these are the things you need to note (especially the light, or any other light) even if you are requesting information for another person.
I'm a Heavy-Duty Truck Tech by trade.
As I said, I'm not currently able to get at the vehicle to know about spark or fuel. She parked it last night, it wouldn't start or turn over this morning. I told her to go through the gears, put it back into Park & try it... Turned over slow, no start. I told her to try jumping it, still no start & only tries after she goes through the gears.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So if taken literally, Last night no turn over. You had her shift through the gears ending in Park, it turned over slow and no start. At this point, if it were mine, I'd put a meter on the battery and see what it's doing. If it were sub 10v, I'd charge it. And if that didn't help, I'd get another battery, based on the info given and not able to get my hands on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts