GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Acadia. Slowing down to stop and the car simply stopped running. Tried to re-start to no avail. Battery has 12.4 volts, starter isn't even making any noise. No cranking or clicking. Nothing, as if the battery was removed. Checked the start/stop relay, and the starter relay. Both are good. Is there a fusible link that may be shorted? If so, where?

· Registered
1,700 Posts
My guess is battery. A battery of a vehicle just run should show higher than 12.4 volt. Although even at that low state I would think it would try to crank.

You do not mention whether or not any lights were on, or if everything was dead.

gmc

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Acadia. Slowing down to stop and the car simply stopped running. Tried to re-start to no avail. Battery has 12.4 volts, starter isn't even making any noise. No cranking or clicking. Nothing, as if the battery was removed. Checked the start/stop relay, and the starter relay. Both are good. Is there a fusible link that may be shorted? If so, where?
My 2017 Acadia SLE also stopped at two stop signs now and would not restart. The first time I was able to put it in park and it started, the second time it had to be towed to a garage. The garage was able to get it running but advised taking it to dealer. Dealer could not find any codes but offered to try and fix by replacing the starter for $1,000.00. I did NOT do that since they have no clue if that is the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts