GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 gmc acadia slt car will start. sometimes hesitant sometimes fires right up. run for a couple seconds or a couple min then just shuts off as if you turned the key off but maintains power to the dash, radio, lights. i have checked mass air flow sensor, fuel rail pressure, cleaned throttle body and tested wiring to it, ripped apart fuse panel and wiring harness no damage to ethier. although one bolt holding in wiring harness to fuse box will not full tighten. checked crank. throws no codes. dosent loose spark or compression. looking for the pin out diagram for the ecu to check for loss of power to ecu from ignition, battery, etc. history was it was driving got into traffic and just shut off fires right back up but wont stay running.

·
Super Moderator
21,132 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find links to download service manuals in this forum thread: Link to Owners/Service Manuals. Chances are more sophisticated diagnostic tools will be needed to properly repair your vehicle if you're relying on just a code scanner for information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find links to download service manuals in this forum thread: Link to Owners/Service Manuals. Chances are more sophisticated diagnostic tools will be needed to properly repair your vehicle if you're relying on just a code scanner for information.
im not sure how much more sophisticated i can get then our 10000 computer for reading these. as well the link showed me the basics which i already had i was more looking for a wiring diagram for the ecu and wiring harness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tossing this out for thought. Crank or cam position sensor loosing connection after startup.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I would be leaning towards either corrosion somewhere in the harness or a failing fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there isnt a relay that we could find an its not loosing fuel rail pressure

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
790 Posts
These symptoms are exactly what my 2004 bmw 330ci had and it was the crankshaft position sensor. Finally pulled a code but not till it happened 3 or 4 times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts