GMC Acadia Forum banner

When First Start my car in the morning ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Acadia 2008,
When First Start my car in the morning ,the RPM goes up and down serveral time.
sometimes the engine goes off and I have to start it again and hit the petrol pedal once or twice.
any hint ? or does my car have any problems

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would say it has a problem it is not supposed to do that. take it in for a check.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Do you keep your foot off the gas pedal when you start it? If not you should. The computer will do everything for you. If you are doing everything by the book you could have a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have remote start? If you do does it start normal or does it do the samething with the remote start?

·
Registered
384 Posts
What is up with the poll at top ??? You should not be putting your foot on the pedal. These cars are not like the older car models where you pumped the gas. Your car sounds like you might have a problem and should take it in, for sure.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It for sure sounds like a problem to me. I would say take it in.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sounds like the 'idle air control' is having some type of malfunction. This is rare on these newer model vehicle, but stuff does happen.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd say it might be the petrol pedal. Have it changed for a proper gas pedal. ;D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I recommend taking it in so they can run the codes on the CPU, it sounds like something is amiss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts