GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody compare the Standard audio system to the Advanced audio package? Is the upgrade worth it?

thanks,

paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
I test drove a loaded SLT with everything but the kitchen sink. I never chose the Bose system upgrade. I thought I might later install a better amp & speakers if I am not happy with the standard system.

Pat

·
Registered
395 Posts
Old Timer said:
I test drove a loaded SLT with everything but the kitchen sink. I never chose the Bose system upgrade. I thought I might later install a better amp & speakers if I am not happy with the standard system.

Pat
I am pretty sure the SLT's all have Bose. The only one that doesn't come with it is the SLE, though you can add it.

I also think the "advanced audio" is a Saturn thing, not GMC. I have an SLE with the standard (non-Bose/6 speaker) system. The advanced audio is similar to the Bose (10 speakers) but without the Bose brand name.

The standard GMC speakers are crap (plastic baskets with paper cones and tiny magnets) but easily upgradable. I would guess the advanced audio is the same head unit/amplifier that the Bose system uses with the crappy standard speakers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you add the DVD package to the SLE you have to add something called "advanced audio" package. It's not spelled out on the website or brochure. It only shows up in the dealer build software.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The advanced audio in the units with factory DVD player gives you 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound with your Bose unit. Cool!!!! ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Bose stereo was a 'deal breaker' when I bought my Acadia. If it didn't have the Bose, I wasn't going to buy it. In my opinion, the Bose is the best sounding stereo system -- period. I've owned vehicles with pathetic base stereos, JBL systems, Infinity systems, and few others that I don't recall the names. Get the Bose system. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with Bose sound being one of the best out there. I am not much for loud booming sound but am more into clearly defined sound. I just recently purchased an SLE with the DVD system which includes the "Advanced Audio" system. It is awesome since I am also able to play my High Resolution DVD-Audio Discs in 5.1 surround! I definitely think it is worth it. I have also purchased DVD videos of concerts or music videos and have also been able to play in my system in surround mode in both Dolby Digital and DTS sound formats. Sounds a lot better than your typical CD playback. :blob: :blob: :blob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts