GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am presently overseas and am thinking of ordering an Acadia to have waiting when I return to the states. Since I don't have a GMC dealership to drive down to to check an Acadia out, all I can go on is what I find on the internet.

I am planning on getting an SLT-1, and am wondering how many power outlets come standard. I don't plan on getting the DVD player as I have a portable unit already. Does the outlet at the rear of the armrest come standard? Also are there any more towards the front of the vehicle? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
It comes with a handful (2 or 3?) DC power outlets (what we used to call cigarette lighters). The AC outlet is only standard with SLT2, I believe, but is a ~ $100 option in all other trims. They seem to be in most of the Acadias being built too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does it have any inside the center console? or the glovebox? I know that 4 years ago, when my wife and I were looking last time-- we thought it was great that the Rendevous had one inside a center console, which wasn't too big, but big enough for cell phones, blackberries and a headset with assorted car chargers

We checked out the center console a bit, finding three compartments, but cannot remember if there was a cell phone one. Loved the deep center hidden box (below the pull out tray, underneath the sliding door)..

We didn't see a place to stash a purse underneath the center console, but otherwise, pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I started to say cigarette lighter, but stayed with the 12V. We've been tossing the idea back and forth about the 115V outlet, but may end up passing if there are 2-3 of the others.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I know for sure there's the one on main console panel, below the radio controls. Then there's one inside the center console, under the armrest in that "hidden" compartment you mentioned. IMO, there should be a little hole in the pull out tray that you could pass a cable up through so you can charge your cellphone without having to remove the tray (may have to break out the drill for that). Ours also has a third one on the back of the center console, below the rear audio controls and right next to the AC outlet. I'm not sure if this is standard or part of one of our options. But I do see it in a ton a pics, so I'm guessing all three are standard. There may even be one in the very back, on the left side, but I can't remember for sure. I'll look ours over closely this evening and let you know if I've missed any. Anyone else here able to look theirs over right now to see?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ours also has a third one on the back of the center console, below the rear audio controls and right next to the AC outlet.
Did you pay for the AC outlet that is located at the rear of the center console or does it come with the DVD entertainment?

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
It was a paid option on the one we ended up buying. I don't know that I would have ordered it if I built a custom one, but I can see how it'll be useful in the future as the kids get a bit older. It's standard on SLT-2s, though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Erdmaniac said:
Thanks for the reply. I started to say cigarette lighter, but stayed with the 12V. We've been tossing the idea back and forth about the 115V outlet, but may end up passing if there are 2-3 of the others.
It isn't elegant or necessarily convenient, but if you don't have the 115V, but need it, you can get a portable which is about the size of a paperback book. It is called an inverter and probably will set you back about $30-50 for one which would run many devices (you are not going to be able to run a hair dryer, it is usually good for plugging in your chargers for computer, phones, portable DVD, some videogames (depending on wattage), etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are the 12V power outlets switched (come on and off with the ignition) or are they on all the time?

I'd like a switched one up front so that I do not have to keep on unplugging and plugging in my radar detect each time i'm in the car. It would be nice just to leave it plugged in.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
My wife has a cell phone charger with a blue led on it that stays on even when the car is off (the one under the radio). This leads me to believe that it's not switched, which I agree is annoying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts