GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my acadia four months now and four times when driving it becomes very unstable like a rocking motion just for maybe a couple hundred feet. Twice in town and twice on the interstate. Anybody have this kind of problem

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can you provide some more information to help us assess the situation? What were you doing when this happened (Speed of vehicle, braking, turning, etc...). What other characteristics, if any, was the vehicle displaying? Is the rocking motion side-side or front-back?

·
Registered
812 Posts
crosswinds? uneven tire pressure? unbalanced loads? uneven tire wear? broken struts? --- just some culprits but like imgntht stated more info would be nice....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twice I was driving in town at about 35 miles per hour annd twice I was driving at 60-65 miles per hour. The first time it was on a slight curve and it felt like I hit a severe cross wind. It was hard to control but when it stopped doing it was smooth as silk. The other times werent as bad but very noticable. It felt like I was on a very uneven road. Its only did it 4 times in 1600 miles.Since the last time I have put on 300 miles and it has been fine.No lights come on when it did it.Tire presure is fine and I thought if it was a strut I would notice more then 4 times. In fact when it did it the last time it stopped in a couple of hundred feet and I put on about 150 miles on it afterwards and it was fine gas milege was very good too. Am taking into dealer wedensday to get it checked but thought maybe I could give them a few ideas to go on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can it be a malfunctioning stablility control or tire speed sensor? Applying the breaks on one of the tires on or off ???

·
Registered
53 Posts
thetoys said:
Can it be a malfunctioning stablility control or tire speed sensor? Applying the breaks on one of the tires on or off ???

Exactly... had the same problem with a 2000 Mercedes S500. Bad stability control electronics. Run don't walk to the dealer, this could lead to a very dangerous situation if not repaired promptly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
that sounds like a problem with the stability control and it could be very dangerous, i would get it checked out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the dealer and they could not duplicate the problem but said when it hapens again to bring it back. They also said they sure would work with me on this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts