GMC Acadia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2007 Acadia that we purchased in March of this year. It has about 80K miles on it. The first problem I had was a Freon leak. In fact, it was empty and I had to take it in to a service department to have it filled. Dealership didn't offer much assistance. Then the check engine (orange light) started coming on. It tends to come on when I have been driving for a while and have had to sit in idle for a while. Once it comes on pressing the gas seems to rev up the engine more. This is an on and off again problem. Now I am getting the stabilitrac message followed by a check brake system message. I wasn't offered any type of extended warranty at the time of purchase on this vehicle. Now I'm starting to wonder if the dealership did that on purpose because of all of these issues. Anything I can do other then eat all these costs??? So far I'm a little disappointed with GMC.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
sharrell said:
We have a 2007 Acadia that we purchased in March of this year. It has about 80K miles on it. The first problem I had was a Freon leak. In fact, it was empty and I had to take it in to a service department to have it filled. Dealership didn't offer much assistance. Then the check engine (orange light) started coming on. It tends to come on when I have been driving for a while and have had to sit in idle for a while. Once it comes on pressing the gas seems to rev up the engine more. This is an on and off again problem. Now I am getting the stabilitrac message followed by a check brake system message. I wasn't offered any type of extended warranty at the time of purchase on this vehicle. Now I'm starting to wonder if the dealership did that on purpose because of all of these issues. Anything I can do other then eat all these costs??? So far I'm a little disappointed with GMC.
sharrell,

Sincere apologies to hear about your vehicle concerns. I'm sure that's displeasing for you. Please let us know the next time you are experiencing this so we can assist with facilitating an official diagnosis on your behalf. While we are unable to make a guarantee, we can make sure the dealer's doing everything to address the issue for you. Feel free to contact us privately if your concerns arise once again.

William R. (assisting Jennifer & Jessica)
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
221 Posts
All my lights started chiming yesterday and today my kids asked what that sound was. This is very disappointing William R., Jennifer & Jessica at GM. I plan on taking it in to the dealer. Is there an official TSB on this issue or are we on our own?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
kslaughter33 said:
All my lights started chiming yesterday and today my kids asked what that sound was. This is very disappointing William R., Jennifer & Jessica at GM. I plan on taking it in to the dealer. Is there an official TSB on this issue or are we on our own?
kslaughter33,

Very sorry to hear about that situation, and I definitely understand how you feel. A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is to assist dealership service personnel in diagnosing and repairing vehicles that are exhibiting a concern that is not easily identifiable. It is important to know that involved vehicles are identified by model and options, and that dealership service personnel will determine if the outlined repair is appropriate only for a specific vehicle concern. If a TSB applies to your vehicle, the repairs would be done at no charge to you if you are still within the applicable warranty. If additional assistance is needed, don't hesitate to message us privately.

William R. (assisting Jessica)
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
221 Posts
I guess I'm out another $700 :banghead:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Over the last 3 days at different intervals I have received this dreaded error on my dashboard. Then the car limps if the wheels spin instead of the abs kicking in. It's very unsafe and infuriates me. I wish there was a way to permanently disable the "Nanny'ing" that goes on in these vehicles.

I haven't checked anything but, I will give the car a going over tonight. Check brake fluid, Front tone rings, wheel speed sensors etc.
Does anybody else have any words of wisdom?
Also, can we confirm or deny whether or not the codes that were generated are stored "historically" in the computer somewhere?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
668 Posts
UPDATE:

Haven't checked the encoder rings yet but, Reservoir was very low. SO I topped it up and the warnings went away. The otherside of that coin however is that I think it's time to do the brakes and now I have all this extra fluid in the reservoir that I will have get out.
I plan on checking the brakes this week and will update the thread as I investigate further!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a 2007 Acadia that she got before we were married. And I swear this is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. The stabilitrak malfunction has happened several times now but every time I take it to the dealer they can't find a thing wrong, charge me and send me on my way! No problems no solutions except for oh wait. The last time it went off my wife was almost rear ended! She was driving in heavy traffic and the stabilitrak locked down and her engine power reduced causing her to drastically slow down very quickly. Luckily the guy behind had a reliable vehicle and was able to lock his breaks down. Every mechanic I've take this too is a GM mechanic and yet no one can figure this out?!? I can do like everyone else on this thread has mentioned and turn it off and on and it will clear. Hello GM get a flipping clue that this issue needs to be resolved if so many are having it. And to the feller that had his in the shop for 40 some odd days, you are a bigger man than I am sir. I'm ready to put this thing out of my misery lol

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Paramedic230 said:
My wife has a 2007 Acadia that she got before we were married. And I swear this is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. The stabilitrak malfunction has happened several times now but every time I take it to the dealer they can't find a thing wrong, charge me and send me on my way! No problems no solutions except for oh wait. The last time it went off my wife was almost rear ended! She was driving in heavy traffic and the stabilitrak locked down and her engine power reduced causing her to drastically slow down very quickly. Luckily the guy behind had a reliable vehicle and was able to lock his breaks down. Every mechanic I've take this too is a GM mechanic and yet no one can figure this out?!? I can do like everyone else on this thread has mentioned and turn it off and on and it will clear. Hello GM get a flipping clue that this issue needs to be resolved if so many are having it. And to the feller that had his in the shop for 40 some odd days, you are a bigger man than I am sir. I'm ready to put this thing out of my misery lol
Almost rear ended.... it does not slow down that fast, it just doesn't. I use my engine to slow down all the time instead of the brakes, it barely slows the vehicle down when travelling at 50 mph to drop the gears. Dropping just the engine speed while maintaining a higher gear will be almost unnoticeable.

Annoying - Yes
Dangerous - I hardly think so.

It isn't much different then stepping off the gas when travelling down the freeway, you don't suddenly stop, it is a gradual slow down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am taking my 2010 GMC Acadia into the shop tomorrow morning for the third time in four months, this time for the Stabilitrak light going and it telling me that I need to get it serviced.

Check Engine light went on four months ago and my dealership said it was an Oxygen sensor. $250.

Check engine light went on two months ago and my dealership said it was a mis-diagnosis and that they needed to flash new trouble codes that GM had released which for some reason I had to pay for. $300.

And guaranteed tomorrow, it'll be another story about low voltage at start-up causing some sensor to not read something properly and it needs to be flashed or reset or rebooted or something. $300.

Prior to these problems, during warranty, I had a few issues that would come up. All of them linked to the instrument panel showing an error that wasn't there or some electrical-related problem.

I have owned cars from four different car makers and aside from the very typical maintenance and repairs that come with owning a car as it ages, I've never before driven a car that had so many little problems.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
loco said:
I am taking my 2010 GMC Acadia into the shop tomorrow morning for the third time in four months, this time for the Stabilitrak light going and it telling me that I need to get it serviced.

Check Engine light went on four months ago and my dealership said it was an Oxygen sensor. $250.

Check engine light went on two months ago and my dealership said it was a mis-diagnosis and that they needed to flash new trouble codes that GM had released which for some reason I had to pay for. $300.

And guaranteed tomorrow, it'll be another story about low voltage at start-up causing some sensor to not read something properly and it needs to be flashed or reset or rebooted or something. $300.

Prior to these problems, during warranty, I had a few issues that would come up. All of them linked to the instrument panel showing an error that wasn't there or some electrical-related problem.

I have owned cars from four different car makers and aside from the very typical maintenance and repairs that come with owning a car as it ages, I've never before driven a car that had so many little problems.
I suspect you have ONE well hidden electrical issue that is causing all of these problems. The dealership is guessing and forcing you to throw money at the problem. You need to find a different dealership and have them really search for the problem. Explain to them that you don't want the 'cheapest' quick route that 'might' be the problem. I would trade it in and get something else, it is possible that the problem may never be found short of replacing every computer and wiring harness in the vehicle... and that would be a stupid thing to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the check Stabilitrak, traction control warning lights come on after an oil change and air filter change. Searching this forum today came across previous post on having the air filter changed and not having the electrical connection plugged back in on the filter housing causing the warning, so I checked to see if the the wiring was connected on the filter housing and it wasn't. Plugged it back in and no warning lights on the DIC.

I am planning on having a conversation with the company that did the air filter change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 GMC Canyon SLE with 21k miles. I started getting the StabiliTrak warning along with the jerking and the tach went to 0. The power was significantly lower. I brought it to the dealer who scanned the truck and acknowledged the issue, but were not able to replicate the problem. I picked up the truck and it started again after driving 15 miles. I brought the truck back to the dealer the next day and it has been there for the last 2 weeks. They have been working with GM tech service, replacing many components, but have not solved the problem. I stopped by the dealer and they are waiting for an ECM. Don’t know how long before I need wait before I file lemon law case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and family love our new Acadia, but so far we have had to take it into the dealer 3 times to address a all wheel drive stabilitrak problem. While we are driving all of a sudden the stabilitrak will go out, a warning bell will sound and we are informed to take the car to the dealer to have the stabilitrak repaired. First they replaced a sensor, then they replaced the system, now they are telling us the ...oh you will love this...that the stabilitrak is malfunctioning because the oil had not been changed, we were 1000 miles overdue for an oil change, but if the stabilitrak does malfunction, all we need to do is pull over, turn off the engine and wait, then re-start the car and viola the stabilitrak will be up and running!! Oh by the way they tell us that an engineer at GMC personally told them about this problem and solution. Anyone else having stabilitrak problems like ours and if so do you have any suggestions? Thank you

John
This happened this AM on the freeway. My dashboard was flashing errors. Got off the freeway and sat at the light. When light turned green, I pushed on gas and my car wouldn't budge. Had to turn the car off then on again to actually get it to drive. Engine light is on. So now it's at the dealership. Four hiurs later, I'm still waiting for a call.

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
This happened this AM on the freeway. My dashboard was flashing errors. Got off the freeway and sat at the light. When light turned green, I pushed on gas and my car wouldn't budge. Had to turn the car off then on again to actually get it to drive. Engine light is on. So now it's at the dealership. Four hiurs later, I'm still waiting for a call.
Welcome to the forum.
Hope your car is returned to you fixed and trouble-free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife and family love our new Acadia, but so far we have had to take it into the dealer 3 times to address a all wheel drive stabilitrak problem. While we are driving all of a sudden the stabilitrak will go out, a warning bell will sound and we are informed to take the car to the dealer to have the stabilitrak repaired. First they replaced a sensor, then they replaced the system, now they are telling us the ...oh you will love this...that the stabilitrak is malfunctioning because the oil had not been changed, we were 1000 miles overdue for an oil change, but if the stabilitrak does malfunction, all we need to do is pull over, turn off the engine and wait, then re-start the car and viola the stabilitrak will be up and running!! Oh by the way they tell us that an engineer at GMC personally told them about this problem and solution. Anyone else having stabilitrak problems like ours and if so do you have any suggestions? Thank you

John
I had this problem too. My oil level was low (because Acadias LOVE to drink oil) so after adding a quart, everything was fine

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had this problem too. My oil level was low (because Acadias LOVE to drink oil) so after adding a quart, everything was fine
Curious as to why your Acadia is using oil? What engine and have you looked into the possible reason why?

161 - 180 of 183 Posts
About this Discussion
182 Replies
83 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing