GMC Acadia Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,036 Posts
Yeah. Want to know what's considered "to drink oil" in this case, too. No problems with it here. Never had to add a quart between changes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My wife and family love our new Acadia, but so far we have had to take it into the dealer 3 times to address a all wheel drive stabilitrak problem. While we are driving all of a sudden the stabilitrak will go out, a warning bell will sound and we are informed to take the car to the dealer to have the stabilitrak repaired. First they replaced a sensor, then they replaced the system, now they are telling us the ...oh you will love this...that the stabilitrak is malfunctioning because the oil had not been changed, we were 1000 miles overdue for an oil change, but if the stabilitrak does malfunction, all we need to do is pull over, turn off the engine and wait, then re-start the car and viola the stabilitrak will be up and running!! Oh by the way they tell us that an engineer at GMC personally told them about this problem and solution. Anyone else having stabilitrak problems like ours and if so do you have any suggestions? Thank you

John
i have been trying to permanently take stabilitrak off my Acadia, you are lucky

·
Registered
391 Posts
This just started happening on my 2011 Equinox V6 3.0L (bought brand new January 2011), and now with 138,000 miles on it ... "Stabilitrak" warnings, etc.

For me, it's a wheel speed sensor causing it. I've just been ignoring it for now. After watching that stupid alarm go off again and again over the last 4-6 weeks, I took a 2500 mile trip recently and it didn't go off once.... so go figure ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and family love our new Acadia, but so far we have had to take it into the dealer 3 times to address a all wheel drive stabilitrak problem. While we are driving all of a sudden the stabilitrak will go out, a warning bell will sound and we are informed to take the car to the dealer to have the stabilitrak repaired. First they replaced a sensor, then they replaced the system, now they are telling us the ...oh you will love this...that the stabilitrak is malfunctioning because the oil had not been changed, we were 1000 miles overdue for an oil change, but if the stabilitrak does malfunction, all we need to do is pull over, turn off the engine and wait, then re-start the car and viola the stabilitrak will be up and running!! Oh by the way they tell us that an engineer at GMC personally told them about this problem and solution. Anyone else having stabilitrak problems like ours and if so do you have any suggestions? Thank you

John
We are having the same issue only when it happens to us the car starts running like crap the engine starts bogging down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have these problems as well.. Changed PCV valve, cleaned throttle body, replaced gas pedal and sensor.. Still comes on after driving about an hour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My update we took it to a local mechanic after months of frustration with dealership, before I got home 30 minutes later hes calling me telling me to come pick it up it was fixed and ready to go I was floored to say the least been running great for a week now no problems. When I got there the secretary explained to me that they found some kind of electrical harness that had partially come unplugged so for them it was an easy fix " inmotion auto olathe kansas 66061"!

·
Super Moderator
19,036 Posts
... they found some kind of electrical harness that had partially come unplugged so for them it was an easy fix ...
Would be great if you could elaborate on which harness or location of the loose connector. The info might be recorded on your repair order.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts