GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway 2 days ago and got a reading on my display stating my Stabilitrak was off and the engine needed servicing soon. After shutting off the engine and restarting (per the manual) the message was gone. However, today with my husband driving, the Stabilitrak light came on the display. Looking again in the manual for the actual sign, I came up with the same message - service soon. Has anyone else had trouble with the Stabilitrak? We were simply driving down a very straight (we're talking about Kansas here) road with obviously no major hills to speak of.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep on a couple cold mornings here our SLT2 has had the traction control warning with stabilitrak needs service message on the DIC, after it warms up it doesnt do it, havent had a chance to take it in yet to have it looked at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the AWD feature. I'll have to take it in sometime this week along with getting the headlights adjusted. Getting tired of being "flashed"! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have the same problem, it finally set a couple of codes. Took to dealer they are ordering parts.Seems that the camshaft acuator solenoind causes the problem. I doubted this but was reassured that this will correct the problem!!!! It is a very time consuming job to replace this solenoid as many parts have to be removed to get at it dealer estimated 5 hours !!! Will post a reply when fixed.

Denny
2007 SLT brown metallic titanium 15000 miles first problem encountered LOVE the vechilcle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
YES! I agree with Denny! I've had his exact problem and fix. It took them several days. Have to get to the part, then it took them a while to adjust the timing correctly. Have written in about it under other posts. However, after about a month and a half with everything being fine, the lights came on again for about 2 minutes the other day!!!!!! Onstar wasn't quick enough to read any codes for me. I'm just hoping it won't happen again. I don't think anything is actually going on, hopefully just a sensor going haywire. Good luck.

I don't think it is specifically a AWD issue. I have FWD myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We're having the same issue. We were told its a computer glitch and while they're not sure what the fix is, the stabilitrack and traction control are actually not turning off and those safety features are still operating. Obviously, even if they are correct, the glitch needs to be fixed so that the warning only goes off when something is truly wrong. Fortunately, this is the only problem we've had since we took delivery in late August, and still love the thing. Please keep me posted as to how the repair goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have ad this happen several times, and have taken it in to the dealer. They are unable to find anything. It has only happened once since the tranny firmware update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone, I told I would get back about the stability and traction control light coming on. WELL at 15000 dealer replaced actuator solelonid. Worked for 3000 miles then it came on and stayed on. and...... the traction control does not work when this light is on!!!! Had 10" of snow that day. Dealer called GM tech they advised several tests including oil pressure cam sensors plugged oil screens. The mechanix told me he could find nothing WRONG!!. Reset the computer and set me on my way with no answers. Thinking strongly about lemon Law provision. Dealer has been great but six times and no answsers!!!
Denny

·
Registered
812 Posts
how about having a second oppinion from another dealer service tech? if its still the same issue then go for a lemon law. I hope i wont have the same issue with mine once it arrived. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can tell you from experience that the dealer is sending you on a goose chase with a cam shaft solenoid and your traction control light being the same problem. If your solenoid goes bad, the vehicle will turn over all day and never start because the timing is off that far. Traction control lights are usually caused by the right front wheel speed sensor being bad. Why the right front? It's the side that most people hit the curb with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My stabilitrak msg came on and the very same afternoon my Acadia turned off in the middle of me making a turn onto a main highway. I had to hurry up and restart the engine before I was plowed by oncoming traffic. I immediately took it to the dealership where they said they had to reset the computer board. That was about 7 weeks ago. It has shut down on me about a dozen times since then and TODAY was the last straw. I have taken it in 4 times (counting today's visit), with them only to tell me they dont know what is causing it. Today I came within a foot or two of being plowed over by an 18 wheeler while I was turning left at a traffic light. I saw my life flash in front of me! He layed on his horn and thank goodness I got it started and got out of the way. I made a beeline to the dealership and told them I didnt want it back until it was fixed! I have no messages on my monitor. The only msg I ever received was the stabilitrak msg.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
chaydar- How about putting in a signature line so we will know which year and what equipment you have..thanks

Did you get your last fuel from a good source?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Our stabiltrak warning light was caused by the camshafts moving fore & aft, the dealership tried to shim it and they ended up having to replace the cylinder heads with the camshafts. But the car never died because of it.
I wonder if there is a computer board loose. I experienced that in a F**d once. replaced the computer and it has been great ever since.
That problem was very intermittent and difficult to trace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ask the dealer about the PCM!!!!!! My 08 AWD had some of the same issues and I just had the PCM replaced....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts