GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife’s 2014 Acadia recently had the P1682. After some research I found a tech bulletin about this issue: Bulletin No. 19-NA-276

I dug into it and I believe the problem is solved. It was the fuse block connection under the hood. The connection between the prongs of the upper section that mates with the terminal block female connection of terminal 51. Terminal 51 in X50A fuse block -underhood X3. The male prong/stab had a burnt spot/ electrical arc spot visible on it which meant there was not a tight fit in the male to female connection. I was able to increase the tension of the female connection by means of bending the female connection slightly. I also cleaned off the prong/stab of the male connection and reassembled the fuse block.

It’s been 2 weeks so far and the problem has not yet returned. It was happening on a daily to every other day. Included in the tech bulletin is the instructions for the repair by replacing the terminated lead of terminal 51 with a new terminated lead. I didn’t replace it but I did order the part and if it happens again I will replace it. Here are some of the pictures I took of it.

Best Reguards,
Randall

View attachment 10351 View attachment 10352 View attachment 10353 View attachment 10354
Found the same TSB and an earlier one form 2018 GMC TSB PIT5643 . Found your response and a few others as well with the P1682 issue I've been having on my 2014 Acadia SLT. Notice quite a few fuses ( PCM ignition and ECM in particular) had blackened prongs/contacts on them, but not blown. I'm thinking that's indication of getting too hot. I went ahead and ordered the fuse box itself, it'll take 6-10 days and hopefully issue solved. We are lucky my wife works from home currently ( thank you covid?) so we really only use the Acadia for a few miles each day to drop the kids at daycare and then errand running on the weekends ( car is rarely ever running for longer than 30-45 minutes straight). Sometimes we go a week without issues, other times it'll happen a couple times in a single day. Very random.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update as of today Jan 16th 2021

Well the car ran flawless until it threw the same code again today while my wife was bringing me some food to my place of work. She stopped and cleared the code with my scan tool. And away she went. So I’ll have to revisit the fuse block and take another look at the terminal to see what, if any, signs of arcing it may show.
Any update Randalledelphia?

My wife just had this occur again. Called dealer as I'm not brave enough to do the service bulletin work that will be needed. They will look at it next Wednesday morning. Curious to see what they tell me though I'll take the fuse block off and look at the terminal contact. If it's got a black area again I know it (the terminal below-X50A) is the issue since the fuse block is brand new. cheers Will update once done with dealer next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update as of 5-6-2021
Since the last occurrence in January, I checked the terminal again and indeed the terminal was loose and arcing. I made the repair to the terminal and insured a tight connection between the male and female terminal connections. After this repair in January, I have not had any more problems with the car throwing the codes anymore.
I hope this helps.
Was it a difficult repair? I feel like it involves replacing wires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was not difficult for me. You can splice in a new pigtail with the female connector on it. I however, modified the existing female connector to make it fit tighter on the male. I basically just crimped the sides in a bit more. IF I have any more issues I will splice a new section of wire with the new female terminal on it. I have a new one ready to go.
I'll check this out tomorrow morning. Did you remove the female terminal from the box or just use something slender to slide down in and press down to make it tighter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.