GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
liss3ken said:
Hi, My 2011 GMC Acadia has started do this as well. Was your issed the wheel sensor also?
Got codes?? Not enough info to give you an answer!

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
yes get the codes....

and while youre at it--- clean the throttle body...
especially if youre temps are low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My husband and I purchased a 2009 GMC Acadia about 7 months ago. I loved the vehicle at first.... And then it started to lose power and misfire when climbing even the smallest of hills... Then in Dec. while my husband was driving it the stabilitrack and traction control go off, the engine has reduced power, and my husband barely had time to get the Acadia off the road. We had to have the car towed to York dealership because it would no longer start , where they claimed to have fixed it twice, all they did was change one of the fuses. Both times my husband drove the car away and it died a few miles down the road. Then we had it towed to our hometown and scheduled an appointment with a different York dealership. We had the car towed to be worked on yet again.... While it was at our house though we realized that the vehicle would start but only if you took out the back three spark plugs. Well to shorten the story my car was worked on due to the Timing chain bulletin as it had broken. Now the mechanic wants to change out two of the three catalytic converters. I am praying with all my might that the Mr. Gasket Cataclean will rid my catalytic converters of some of the crap so that I don't have to attempt to come up with some 1800 as I don't have that lying around the house. The mechanic said the converter issue could be a direct result of the timing chain issue prior to it breaking, however, the manager said he has never heard of a misfire clogging a catalytic converter and GMC will not help even cover some of the cost although I believe that their faulty parts are largely to blame. I had a lot of family retire from GM and I believed in the company, that is a mistake I will no longer be making!

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
angel said:
My husband and I purchased a 2009 GMC Acadia about 7 months ago. I loved the vehicle at first.... And then it started to lose power and misfire when climbing even the smallest of hills... Then in Dec. while my husband was driving it the stabilitrack and traction control go off, the engine has reduced power, and my husband barely had time to get the Acadia off the road. We had to have the car towed to York dealership because it would no longer start , where they claimed to have fixed it twice, all they did was change one of the fuses. Both times my husband drove the car away and it died a few miles down the road. Then we had it towed to our hometown and scheduled an appointment with a different York dealership. We had the car towed to be worked on yet again.... While it was at our house though we realized that the vehicle would start but only if you took out the back three spark plugs. Well to shorten the story my car was worked on due to the Timing chain bulletin as it had broken. Now the mechanic wants to change out two of the three catalytic converters. I am praying with all my might that the Mr. Gasket Cataclean will rid my catalytic converters of some of the crap so that I don't have to attempt to come up with some 1800 as I don't have that lying around the house. The mechanic said the converter issue could be a direct result of the timing chain issue prior to it breaking, however, the manager said he has never heard of a misfire clogging a catalytic converter and GMC will not help even cover some of the cost although I believe that their faulty parts are largely to blame. I had a lot of family retire from GM and I believed in the company, that is a mistake I will no longer be making!
Could you explain this in English?? :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
lemonowner9 said:
This is a safety issue because the vehicle defaults to reduced engine power making it easy to hit on the road. sign up at http://www.geocities.ws/gmcclassactionlawsuit/
You've made your point and posted your link in multiple threads now. Continuation of this will constitute of violation of the forum user agreement. If you don't want to contribute in any meaningful way to the forum, you will be banned. This is your only warning.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:popcorn:

I triple dog dare ya lemon..............he'll do it

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
:clap:

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
divotdug said:
Especially a geocities link.....I thought geocities went away two decades ago... :shrug:
It still exists. The question is why this guy's collecting member info through such a seemingly shady method?

·
Registered
19 Posts
jad1030 said:
I have seen several posts on this condition occurring, where the Engine Power is reduced, and the stabilitrack and traction control go off, and the message is to service both. I have NOT seen a consistent solution to this problem. There have been some that said electrical, the battery, something with the AWD, etc. I have had a local dealer tell me that it is the Throttle Body. This is a serious issue, needing a resolution. Imagine being on the highway, you lose engine power, and a tractor-trailer and other are barreling on behind you. How do you get out of the way? Once pulled over, and letting the car sit for a short while, the car will start and run fine. This is an intermittent problem, that comes unpredictably. Is there an answer? Is it the Throttle Body? I have this cleaned twice, once by the dealer and once by a local mechanic. This is short-term fix evidently. I need something permanent. Someone please advise, and share your success in getting this resolved.
have you gotten your fixed?? have the same exact issues...!! my tire sensors are hay wire as well... and just got new tires.. i have appointment on tuesday to get it fixed..

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
jessfoti said:
have you gotten your fixed?? have the same exact issues...!! my tire sensors are hay wire as well... and just got new tires.. i have appointment on tuesday to get it fixed..
Don't bother with this thread. Stick to the one in which you posted just previous to this. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
fix the Service Stabilitrack/Service Traction Control error
Just change the brake light switch and problem solved,I did this on my acadia 2008 and problem solved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at youtube video [SOLVED] Fix Service Stabilitrack and Service Traction Control on 2007-2011 GM Trucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my entire throttle body after loss of power, stabilitrack, etc warnings came up for weeks. All fixed. The throttle body was completely covered in oil from the engine that didn't burn properly and was seizing the throttle bottle flap from opening properly resulting in messing up everything. Bought a new one for $200 CAD and replaced it myself from watching YouTube in 20min. Hope it works for some you. Its a cheep first step instead of going to the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having a few issues...I have slippage, where the RPM's rev up , and also have some vibration...I do have a bad TPMS sensor, but was told the slippage and vibration was due to a bad Transmission control Module.....so will find out ...I do have the light on for the stabilitrak now, as well as the low air light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I currently have the same problem with my 2012 Acadia ... loss of power after the car displays a variety of messages (Traction control off, Traction control on, Stabilitrack needs service, Park Assist on .. then a loss of power and the car will only go 15 mph. This is the 3rd time. The dealer replaced the Vape sensor on the exhaust and cleaned out the engine ($800 in repairs) but still have the problem. They don't know what is wrong and have called GMC direct who should be aware of this problem and they don't know what to suggest.

Arg!! I love my Acadia but I will not endanger my family. Has anyone come up with a fix?

Thanks

41 - 60 of 79 Posts