GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced hearing squeeks from the drivers side of the vehicle? It is heard when travelling slowly over slightly wavy road way or slowly over a speed bump and the vehicle goes up and down.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are the squeaks coming from the inside of the vehicle? I have a very creaky seat - when I accelerate, brake or turn I hear a creaking coming from the drivers seat mounts. I brought it in already but they did not fix the problem - I have to bring back and make them aware that I did not purchase a $40K vehicle to hear creaking everytime I move :banghead:

If yours is coming from the outside then I do not have a clue what could be causing this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had this squeak and it turned out to be the e-brake cable rubbing/banging around under the car. The tech "adjusted" (probablly bent) the guide to fix the problem. No noise ever since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is at the dealer for the creaky seat right now. They kept it overnight last night so a GM rep could see it this morning. Apparently the dealer could not fix it themselves yesterday. I'll post results when I get it back.

·
Registered
659 Posts
BigGuy said:
I had this squeak and it turned out to be the e-brake cable rubbing/banging around under the car. The tech "adjusted" (probablly bent) the guide to fix the problem. No noise ever since.
Excellent info, I have the same squeak. Will give it a look.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine sounds like it is coming from the outside, under the vehicle. It almost sounds like it is coming from the shock/strut bushings. I will need to have GM take a look and see if they can find it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
TMMAR said:
mine sounds like it is coming from the outside, under the vehicle. It almost sounds like it is coming from the shock/strut bushings. I will need to have GM take a look and see if they can find it.
That is exactly what mine sounded like. I thought for sure a bushing was defective or something. It was so irritating to me that such a new vehicle could already have a noise like this. Turned out to be no big deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After two days, they still could not fix the creaky seat. I pulled the car from the dealership because I need it for a vacation trip next week. Very annoying...both the noise and the dealer!

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BigGuy,
You said that the fixed the noise for you. What did they do to eliminate the squeek?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same squeak on the rear left side when going over speed bumps at low speed.
I was able to fix it myself. It is the emergency brake cable rubbing against the shock.
Just had to bend it a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts