GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone solved the squeaky seat? Our 08 is going back to the dealer for the third time this week to silence the squeak. I've seen several posts (most very old) but can't tell if anyone has ever gotten the problem fixed. I'd hate for the dealer to just R&R the seat again.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
When is it squeaky, when you sit in it, when you adjust? My driver's seat "rocked" when I first bought it; they found a car seat cup holder under the seat. I bought it used; I guess they forgot to check under the seats :eek:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting, my seats rocks as well and they said that it is normal. ???

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
who1975 said:
Interesting, my seats rocks as well and they said that it is normal. ???
All four seats in my Acadia are kinda shifty, but it's never really bothered me much. I've read there are fixes for it, but unsure if those fixes ever really fixed anything. It seems like some owners here brought it back in again and again for the same issue regardless of the fix. So I just chalked it up to something I could live with.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Web-

I have grown to live with it too, based on the non-help I am getting from the dealership. It just makes me nervous that I can move in the seat without doing too much. I wonder what would happen if there was an accident? Would the seat become a free moving object? That would stink.

Bill

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My driver seat also squeaks. I attributed it to my body being too short for my current weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All,
Thanks for the replies..

The squeak is present whenever you accelerate or decelerate and sounds like metal creaking. It may rock a bit too, but not enough to notice.

We had a 2nd year Durango that had a rocking chair for a front seat. I ended up calling LEAR (they made the seat) and talked with an engineer there. He told me there was an issue and a redesigned adjuster would solve the problem. After showing our local dealer the PN to order, the seat was "fixed". Still rocked a bit not near as bad as it had been.

I was really hoping someone found the red X for the Acadia seat and GM had a fix. From what I am reading, there is no known fix and I am stuck with the squeak. It is a shame that you pay that much for a vehicle and have to "live" with shoddy designs. It sure makes it hard to justify the monthly payment.

At least they were able to fix the squeaky dash and brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think mine is due for a trip back to the dealership to get the rocking seat thing under control. I am thinking the seat may have loosened from the rear collision

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer wants to replace the entire seat track. The part is on back order but they feel that it will solve the problem. I have had some conversations with others and this seems to be the fix that works. I'll let you all know.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
timkirkland said:
The dealer wants to replace the entire seat track. The part is on back order but they feel that it will solve the problem. I have had some conversations with others and this seems to be the fix that works. I'll let you all know.
When I take mine in; I will ask about replacing the seat track

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
timkirkland said:
Has anyone solved the squeaky seat? Our 08 is going back to the dealer for the third time this week to silence the squeak. I've seen several posts (most very old) but can't tell if anyone has ever gotten the problem fixed. I'd hate for the dealer to just R&R the seat again.

Thanks.
I have the same squeaky seat issue as well. Accelerate and small squeakey noise of metal on metal from the bottom left rear side of the driver seat. Stop at a stop sign and same thing. The noise seems to have gotten worse. But I also noticed that My bumpy seat issue has returned... When moving the seat forward and backwards to accomdate driver height it feels like you are running over marbles when coming forward from the very back position. You can feel the seat shifting uevenly in the track.. I had taken it to the dealer for this problem and they fixed it per the TSB. Well it seems to be back. I just administered the TSB procedures myself, minus 75lbs. The seat feels more smooth, and the Squeaky noise seems to be less apparent.
This might be a temporary bandaid, untill I take it to the dealer for a round of things to be addressed. You may want to see if it helps you.. Here is the link to the bumpy seat TSB instructions..

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1024.msg50102#msg50102

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
1. Place approximately 136 Kgs (300lbs) in the driver's seat. The weight may be in any form, but most conveniently a large technician seated in the driver's position.[/color]

I can hear it now from the service center guy; "I'm sorry sir, but the TSB calls for a large technician and we're all out of those"! :rofl:

Anyway; move the seat full back and forwards 30 times; I will have to try that as a fix; I hope it works

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a new seat track yesterday and it seems to have worked... no more squeak. Hope it's fixed for good. For what it's worth, we also had the "rough track" issue when moving the seat all the way back. That's gone too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had the seat fixed at the dealership earlier and about a month later the problem is back. It is in the dealership now having a new track installed. They said originally there was burrs on the tracks causing the problem and they took the burrs off. So hopefully the new seat track will fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
dfrank78 said:
I had the seat fixed at the dealership earlier and about a month later the problem is back. It is in the dealership now having a new track installed. They said originally there was burrs on the tracks causing the problem and they took the burrs off. So hopefully the new seat track will fix the problem.
timkirkland said:
Got a new seat track yesterday and it seems to have worked... no more squeak. Hope it's fixed for good. For what it's worth, we also had the "rough track" issue when moving the seat all the way back. That's gone too.
im glad to hear this. As my temporary solution of using the 300 lbs, back and forth 30 times, was just that, TEMPORARY cause my squeak is back.. Another item on the todo list before warranty is up.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer, the seat track is on national back order. :angryfire: Great, now that they have had it for two days they decide to call and tell me this and I will have to take it back to them when it finally comes in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My seat also rocks back and forth. It startled me at first. I have driven $1000 pos cars and now I got a $40k vehicle with a rocking chair for a drivers seat. To the dealership I go. I also just noticed the other day that when the drivers door opens it will drop about an 1/8 of an inch and it is now rubbing the paint off the drivers door and the drivers fender. Wonderful...this Acadia makes me so nervous. It seems so fragile to me. Thank god I don't get to drive it on a regular basis or the dealership would have to give me a job because I would be there everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
shellet said:
My seat also rocks back and forth. It startled me at first. I have driven $1000 pos cars and now I got a $40k vehicle with a rocking chair for a drivers seat. To the dealership I go. I also just noticed the other day that when the drivers door opens it will drop about an 1/8 of an inch and it is now rubbing the paint off the drivers door and the drivers fender. Wonderful...this Acadia makes me so nervous. It seems so fragile to me. Thank god I don't get to drive it on a regular basis or the dealership would have to give me a job because I would be there everyday.
Dropping door, odd. Purchased new?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's used with 45K miles one owner. There are also spots along the inside of the door jamb at the top. Both front and rear drivers side doors. My buddy was the salesman and he shrugged it off. Ran the Carfax and it was clean but, they won't have all accidents. The seam between the doors and fender/qtr panel are perfect. It's like the door just drops just a little when opened and has rubbed paint off in certain spots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2008 Acadia SLT. It had two problems with the drivers seat. 1. The electronic seat would bump or shutter when the seat was being pulled forward or back buy the electric motors. They fixed that by replacing the rails and motor.

However the 2nd issue has not been resolved. My seat squeaks and creeks like a rocking chair when I start stop and turn. The dealership thought the rail repair would fix this but it did not. The noise is getting louder and louder. If you come to a slow stop you here a long slow sqeak as you body weight shifts forward.

Does anyone else have this and if yes has your local dealer been able to resolve it??? Mine had no idea what to do.

Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts