GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Acadia has had a squeaky brake pedal for a while now, it has been to the delaer twice for fixes, only for it to come back a few days later. The dealer is trying to tell me that it needs to wear in :sosad: In my world, things begin to squeak as they wear out.

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I voted "yes" because I was experiencing this. Dealer fixed it, no problem. I can get you part numbers later if you wish.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have 7k+ miles and it squeakes each time I applied the brakes. Did not have a chance to visit dealer yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got the squeak only when I apply the brakes harder than usual; or if I'm stopped at a stop sign and try to push the pedal. Haven't gone to the dealer yet but if anyone has and knows the fix/part numbers I'd love to have that info handy when I do go in. Thanks -

·
Registered
362 Posts
vogelm1 said:
I've got the squeak only when I apply the brakes harder than usual; or if I'm stopped at a stop sign and try to push the pedal. Haven't gone to the dealer yet but if anyone has and knows the fix/part numbers I'd love to have that info handy when I do go in. Thanks -
I'll take a look at lunch at my service info. The service guy said it was a known issue and there was a bulletin for it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
jfencl: I just started to have this issue with only 1200 miles on the 08. Would appreciate any info you have on the fix. Enjoy your lunch. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I posted this in the Enclave forum a while back & I'm sure the Acadia's can have the same problem...it works!!

I know it sounds crazy but I just took my Enclave in for service this morning, oil change tire rotation, and I mentioned the squeaky brake pedal that I had posted about earlier in this thread. Service Mgr came to tell me that lubrication did not fix the noise so they checked for outstanding TSB's and found PIT3779D which said to flush all brake fluid and replace with any DOT 3 compliant fluid & NOT to use GM brand brake fluid! Hows that for weird? Do not use GM fluid.... He said that was the first time they had run into this at this Dealership, and this Dealership has sold quite a few Enclaves.
Once again. This is not noise from the brakes themselves, but noise from the brake pedal area only when the engine is running. When the engine was off & you pressed the pedal there was no noise. I drove home about 10 miles with numerous stoplights & no noise.. I see that Enclave08 had posted a different numbered TSB so I don't know whats up with that? thumbs up[/color]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, this is weird, yet reassuring at the same time. I am going to try it tonight with the car off and see if it still squeaks. I wonder how the dealer was able to temporarily fix it before?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had this issue and they did as suggested and replaced the brake fluid. It did continue to squeak for a few more days but it stopped after that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have to say that in over 13000 miles I have yet had the pedal squeak yet. Maybe the water leaks keeps it lubricated :rofl:

I still love my Acadia though ;D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, I have plenty of water leaks too. Last night I tried it with the car off, and no squeak, so hopefully this TSB is the fix. I have an appointment to get my leaks, the squeak, and my odometer (trans recall screw up) fixed on Wednesday. I hope that all of these get resolved this time (third visit), as this is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is why I visit the forum regularly...to affirm I am not just hearing things. Had the annoying squeak for a while but thought it was from me pushing on the brake to get adjusted in my seat. Thanks for posting the bulletin numbers and the solutions...so much easier to get the service done when you walk in with a loaded gun :cheers:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for the brake fluid tip. I had mine in and they lubricated the mechanism. Smells like they added WD-40. Still squeaks. They told me they would replace the brake mechanism if the lube did not help. Id rather they did not monkey around with it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Some people here said theirs does not squeak if the vehicle is off. Mine squeaks even if the engine is off (but when I push the pedal enough times so that there is no "boost" left in the system it stops). Anyone have any ideas? ??? Time for that LOF/rotation/ECM-TCM flash & pedal squeak trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
tm59 said:
Some people here said theirs does not squeak if the vehicle is off. Mine squeaks even if the engine is off (but when I push the pedal enough times so that there is no "boost" left in the system it stops). Anyone have any ideas? ??? Time for that LOF/rotation/ECM-TCM flash & pedal squeak trip to the dealer.
Mine does the same thing yours does. Isn't there something called a vacumn (sp.)
booster? I was wondering if the problem was in that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: me too on the Squeaky Brake Pedal

the Service Dept has worked on mine three times and it still squeaks. Car doesn't have to be running. Not sure if I should continue to pursue or just give up on this one. Look forward to hearing if anyone who has this problem gets it resolved!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: me too on the Squeaky Brake Pedal

volfan said:
the Service Dept has worked on mine three times and it still squeaks. Car doesn't have to be running. Not sure if I should continue to pursue or just give up on this one. Look forward to hearing if anyone who has this problem gets it resolved!
Did they look at the service bulletin & change the brake fluid like it says??

·
Registered
384 Posts
jfencl: do you have any more info on the fix for this? Did they do what Firebird described? Any more info you have would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts