GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a cold start, I get an annoying intermittent squeak from under the vehicle. Lasts 15 to 20 seconds, the rpm's jump and then drop back down, then the squeaking goes away. What exactly is going on?

·
Super Moderator
20,302 Posts
Difficult to say with such little information. What end of the car? What side of the car? Is it only on the first start of the day? Knowing things like that could lead to an answer.

·
Super Moderator
20,302 Posts
Year and mileage would be nice to know, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Difficult to say with such little information. What end of the car? What side of the car? Is it only on the first start of the day? Knowing things like that could lead to an answer.
Sounds like front driver side underneath. Definitely not a belt issue. Squeaks Anytime the car has been sitting long enough to cool down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually had a 2020 acadia as a loaner from the dealer and it does the exact same thing so I assume its "normal"

·
Registered
984 Posts
Wow, 2 years later answering your post, gotta be a record. Never heard any similar sound.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
747 Posts
Wow you are right but is the OP still having the same issue 2 years later? I mean the reply makes its seem so with the 2020 Rental from the dealer but the milage, now or 2 years ago. Again I am going to say now based on the year and the fact that the truck was new in 2018. I have a 2018 and the squeak they are speaking of isn’t normal on my truck, the only noise I get on a cold start is squeaking brake pads.

·
Registered
984 Posts
A bit of squeaking brake pads is not a big deal.
Guessing his problem didn't go away, or maybe did and resurfaced.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is a strange thread. I'm more interested in the back story on why it took OP 2 years to respond to Speleos.
Indeed it is!! I can’t imagine going AWOL for 2 years and showing back up like I never missed a beat!! Aliens......has to be Aliens!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :alien:

Reactions: Grantv

·
Super Moderator
20,302 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Reactions: speleos

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow you are right but is the OP still having the same issue 2 years later? I mean the reply makes its seem so with the 2020 Rental from the dealer but the milage, now or 2 years ago. Again I am going to say now based on the year and the fact that the truck was new in 2018. I have a 2018 and the squeak they are speaking of isn’t normal on my truck, the only noise I get on a cold start is squeaking brake pads.
Maybe the OP keeps running over squirrels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,302 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well 26 Days isn’t 2 years but..........He’s back!! :alien:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I thinks its "normal". My moms 20 acadia does it too. And the loaner i had from gmc as well.
I'm starting to think it's your ears, something you carry with you...
You have an '18, your mom has a '20, and you rented a '20, and they all squeak.
My first question is, why so many Acadia's? Rent something else just for a change. Phew, I feel better. :oops:
Also, not one member here has one that does the same. Does not equate. I honestly don't get how this is possible. Probability and Statistics.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have not noticed any annoying squeaks in our 2019. I did have a kind of creaking noise when going over uneven surfaces or up/down approach or exit ramps at store parking lots.
It was coming from around the B pillar. I surmised it was the rubber weather strip around the door "itching" . . . a friction type sound from slight movement when the door would flex - - ie body twist.
I wiped down all the weather strip with 303 Aerospace Protectant on all the doors. . . . nice and quiet. No more "creaking" sounds. (y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts