GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little bout of warm weather has given me the bug to wash/detail
my "precious".

I've been looking at various web sites and reviewing products.
I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

Sounds pretty good and simple!

Almost too good and simple.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, Copperhead, it really depends upon what your are looking to get out of it. If you are just looking to shine up your Acadia and add some protection then this should work fine. But, if you have some scratches and swirl marks and other nasty stuff, then you might want to look at more of a true polish. Not sure if you have a machine buffer or not. If you really want to clean up your paint, you would be best served to clay it and polish it after a good washing. There are some polishes out there that work fairly well by hand. As for sealants, I'm a huge fan of Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax. I easily get 5-6 months worth of protection out of it, or it's paste counterpart, 476s. Some other good sealants are Menzerna FMJ and 1z Glanz Wax. I've never used the Klasse stuff personally, but have always read favorable reviews on it. They also make a Sealant Glaze, which would help fill any lighter scratches/swirls, and add a little better protection than the KAIO. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dj_jonnyv,

The paint is in very good condition as it has only been through touchless washes.
No swirls or scratches (yet).
I was thinking of a thorough hand wash, followed by a clay bar, then the Klasse.
Then repeating every 6 months (spring and fall), and maintaining with touchless and
quick hand washes in between.
Does this sound like it would work well?
I'm trying to minimize the time I spend, as I work two jobs and my time is at a premium now.
Let me know if this is enough to get by in maintaining a good finish.

One other thing, I like that the Klasse will not haze the plastic. I had the wax haze on my last vehicle,
and I could not permanantly remove it. It drove me nuts.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts