1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
381 Posts
To make the tent work attached to the vehicle, the tent has to be somewhat taunt.

Because the tent is not fully secured around the vehicle, expect rubbing with wind or entry/exit from vehicle.

I would expect your paint job to get rubbed similar to a car bra.

I love to camp. I wouldn't buy the one shown.

I've seen similar types that connect from the inside of the vehicle and on the edges of the door and under/around the bumper. This type would reduce the rubbing, but it would still be noticeable on the edges.

With the back audio options I have in the Acadia, some style of this would be tempting though...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I love camping as well. As novel an idea as this is, just buy a tent.. a tent. For the money they want you can get a dandy of a nice tent & not worry about your velicle at all. Plus if you just happen to want to drive & get more ice, take a trip around the lake, etc. during your 2,3,4.... days, you won't need to disassemble your "hotel room".

IMO.[/color]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been tent camping, in cars and on a motorcycle, dont see why you would want one of those, unless you want to sleep in the car. but i can see problems with the seal and also rubbing on the car.
I say just get a reg tent

harleyman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts