GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had my 2017 Acadia AWD Denali (3.6 V6 LGX) for 3year/55Kmiles now.
From Day1 I have observed putting car in Sport Mode doesn't many any difference in shift patterns at all! The only thing that happens is it does go in AWD mode.
Anyone else owning 2017+ models have similar observations?

As a reference I had rented Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZF 8speed tranny) once, and its Sport Mode was way better. I could clearly see change in Shift patterns and car felt more sporty than Acadia (even with lesser HP and more weight).
Or CX5 with it's 6speed tranny feels more sporty due to how its shift patterns are. Acadia just wants to be in higher gears (probably for more MPGs).

Also has anyone tried updating their tranny shift patterns in their Acadia's? Is it even possible? I believe many other cars have ECM tunes for it.
I think all Acadia needs is more aggressive shift mappings in Sport Mode and it will feel awesome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My '19 will hold gears a bit longer when in sport mode (in addition to going into AWD). Not a huge difference but I can notice it. Don't know if it does anything else. Does not make it a sport car by any means, but that's not what it is (it's just a tall station wagon with AWD).

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Have never put my '18 into sport mode. No idea what it does. When I want sport mode I jump into the Corvette :)

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
I'd prefer a slightly more aggressive shift pattern, even in 2WD mode for that matter. Watching replies...
Aside from what 'sport' mode does automatically, the only other way to achieve that is to select L (or M) on the shifter and use the +/- buttons.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the Denali it tweeks the suspension firmer as well as the following:. SLT and SLE changes shift points a wee wee bit, firms them up not for the better IMO depending on throttle position and MAY increase electric steering resistance making it feel firmer,but does not of course change the steering ratio.Its hard to tell but maybe just maybe the throttle potentiometer (aka electric gas pedal) is 5 percent ? more aggressive. So you be the judge. Now in off road mode it really stretches the shifts. IMO this car is pretty good if the reduced size from prior gen works for you. It does for me and gas mileage is leaps and bounds better as well. Mine is a 19 SLT1 and I'm about 90 percent satisfied with it. The still funky trans is the 10 percent Im not satisfied. If you open it up from a stop it does go like stink, but under regular driving sometimes the trans is not a team player. Lotsa new cars and trucks out there like that though so I guess its a sign of the times.

·
Registered
329 Posts
In the Denali it tweeks the suspension firmer as well as the following:. SLT and SLE changes shift points a wee wee bit, firms them up not for the better IMO depending on throttle position and MAY increase electric steering resistance making it feel firmer,but does not of course change the steering ratio.Its hard to tell but maybe just maybe the throttle potentiometer (aka electric gas pedal) is 5 percent ? more aggressive. So you be the judge. Now in off road mode it really stretches the shifts. IMO this car is pretty good if the reduced size from prior gen works for you. It does for me and gas mileage is leaps and bounds better as well. Mine is a 19 SLT1 and I'm about 90 percent satisfied with it. The still funky trans is the 10 percent Im not satisfied. If you open it up from a stop it does go like stink, but under regular driving sometimes the trans is not a team player. Lotsa new cars and trucks out there like that though so I guess its a sign of the times.
Agree . The gas pedal tip in is a bit too quick on our 2019 SLT-1 FWD also. I was stuck behind a disabled car and waited for a gap in the next lane to move into it. I gave the gas pedal just a bit more push than normal and Whoa . .. ! o_O
I think this version Acadia could maybe use the Pedal Commander and use it to reduce throttle response. . LOL
Otherwise, we like the size and got a better price than we could on Traverse or even Equinox comparably equipped. In fact , several thousand $ less back in June. We were not even looking to replace out 2015 Equinox LTZ w/3.6L LFX. But this deal came along for less than we paid for the Equinox in 2015.
The Acadia has a much better ride, more comfort and is only 6" longer and 2.5" wider than our 2015 Equinox. Lot's more room in the Acadia though, due to better packaging.
And MPG is better both in mixed city and highway by 2 to 3 MPG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts