GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dealership's accesories center today and was quoted around $1500 installed for a pioneer 6.5in navi.
considering, considering...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: Navigation radio installed!

That will work with the DVD rear entertainment, On Star, voice whatever, all the stuff same as the factory? Does it install clean into the console and look good? Like it's meant to be there, or is it one of those flip up screen things?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes, they are positive it will work with Onstar. He showed me all the necessary adapters/harnesses to make it work. It is a Pioneer Avic-D3 touchscreen navigation that installs just like a factory. They just did one on a 2007 Envoy.
$1500 installed for a Pioneer D3
$2000 installed for a Pioneer Z2

now, when is the next tax refund..hmmm

Reactions: phat

·
Registered
56 Posts

kram said:
Yes, they are positive it will work with Onstar. He showed me all the necessary adapters/harnesses to make it work. It is a Pioneer Avic-D3 touchscreen navigation that installs just like a factory. They just did one on a 2007 Envoy.

Now that is the system that I have been thinking about - Z2 but to set everything up my dealer wants to send to some shop They came back with a price tag of $3200 for it and everything to make it work (On Star, Steering wheel controls). Adding Bluetooth, XM and back up Camera.

The issue I have with it is the shop does not have the best reputation. So I am still thinking about it... looking for a another installer. I may just do it myself. :beer: :drunk: :beer: :drunk:

·
Registered
405 Posts

at my local dealer ship there was ayukon denali that had the pioneer. LOOKED VERY NICE but i like the factory one better.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

webhair said:
kram said:

Now that is the system that I have been thinking about - Z2 but to set everything up my dealer wants to send to some shop They came back with a price tag of $3200 for it and everything to make it work (On Star, Steering wheel controls). Adding Bluetooth, XM and back up Camera.

The issue I have with it is the shop does not have the best reputation. So I am still thinking about it... looking for a another installer. I may just do it myself. :beer: :drunk: :beer: :drunk:
I knew that the Z2 is already 2k something and was told he can have it installed at that price..it will be done in the premises of the dealership's accessories center. The guy who's going to do it has his own audio shop and has been doing this for 8 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts

What are the benefits of the Pioneer models vs. the factory units?

I was also looking at the Azentek: http://www.azentek.com/webpages/atlas.html

The integration (especially with the steering wheel controls) is high on the list for me. Can they do this with an aftermarket unit?

And now the most important question from the LA/Orange County area: Do any of these offer traffic reporting/navigation, allowing you to reroute around bad traffic areas? That would be the top of the list feature for me.

Thanks for any info... :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts