GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT
This thread was edited and moved from the marketplace section due to it containing some information regarding paintless dent repair.[/color]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Depending on how bad it is, try the paintless dent repair. A lot of dealerships have the person come in once a week to work on these vehicles that aren't quite bad enough for their body shop, but enough the dent bothers the owner and the paint isn't gouged.. Some companies work independently of the dealships as well, check the yellow pages or Google.

·
Registered
681 Posts
mrvids said:
Depending on how bad it is, try the paintless dent repair. A lot of dealerships have the person come in once a week to work on these vehicles that aren't quite bad enough for their body shop, but enough the dent bothers the owner and the paint isn't gouged.. Some companies work independently of the dealships as well, check the yellow pages or Google.
I have to agree with mrvids - I was pleasantly surprised how well this paintless dent repairs worked. On my past Acura I got stuck in a hail storm, many dents all over the vehicle, I even had some on the side panels, in one afternoon they were all gone. As long as no paint is chipped these guys work wonders and are not to bad in cost - I think I was quoted $75 per panel - my insurance covered the hail damage (almost every panel on car with multiple dents in each), he even repaired non hail dings for me since he was workng on each panel - but for one dent I think the cost would not be to bad. I think it was Dent Doctor, another is Dent King - they are franchises so you will have to check you area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
my wife works at a grocery store where doors and carts demolished her fenders daily. I paid the "Dent guy" $175 to remove 14 door/cart dings....it was worth every penny. It made her car look brand new again.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Why would you delete this thread, it actually has useful info?
Hope I never need it though!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Why delete it? Because the post:
1) Was an item wanted from a long time ago,
2) The thread starter has two posts, both of which are in this thread,
3) They haven't been here since May of 2008, and
4) Contains an ebay link from 6 months prior- ebay links are worthless after 90 days.

I try to stay on top of the sale/wanted stuff because as one that shops for cars & parts on a regular basis, it is really frustrating to find what you need (or in this case have something another needs) only to find out the part/need has not existed for several months. We want to keep this area up to date to prevent this from taking place here as it does on other forums.

Maintenance Sticky- click here[/color]

I did not read through all the replies, so I will split the useful info to the proper tech section so that when someone needs it, they can find this info in the proper section, which is not the for sale/wanted section.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I'm knocking the dust off this one......

I was offered paintless dent repair when I purchased my 07, but turned it down because it was only offered in select locations and the possibility of me moving away from here is always there.

Has anyone used this service and is there a way that I might be able to buy it again?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Do you have a dent?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No not at this time, but it has been on my mind and then I came across this thread so I thought I would ask

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I was wondering why the offered the dent repair.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have used a paintless dent repair on my wife's car - and it worked like magic! But I would say that it all depends on the guy doing the repair. If you have a dent and the paint is ok, then it is definitely worth the money. We had a dent on the front fender that looked like somebody sat on it. Due to the welded innerpanel, you could not get to the dent from the inside. The repair guys basically massaged the dent out with his tools, it was amazing.
New car lots use these people a lot. Try getting a recommendation from them. I would be careful of just anyone who advertises. I've got a feeling that the good ones don't have to advertise much.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Well I think they wanted to add it to my loan amount; I was unfamiliar with this service so I opted out because supposedly the service was only offered at certain dealerships

·
Registered
423 Posts
jsimms said:
Copperhead13 said:
Well I think they wanted to add it to my loan amount; I was unfamiliar with this service so I opted out because supposedly the service was only offered at certain dealerships
for what, lifetime dent removal. sounds like a gimmick to me.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You know the more I have thought about this service; the more I think that I made a good decision. Can someone school me on the whole process of paintless dent repair?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Paintless dent repair is the way to go.  Depending on the depth and angle of the dent.  I ran a Detail Shop for M-Benz and my dent guy did real well.  When I moved on and worked for other car dealerships we had a weekly schedule that the local dent guy would visit us. 
If YOU got the local dent rep on YOUR OWN you would save money over the dealership mark up --- FACT!  Look in your local Yellow Pages or do a Google search in your area.  Most people WILL come out for a FREE on the spot estimate and tell you up front if they can do it or it's a body shop job!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
3rd Timer said:
Paintless dent repair is the way to go. Depending on the depth and angle of the dent. I ran a Detail Shop for M-Benz and my dent guy did real well. When I moved on and worked for other car dealerships we had a weekly schedule that the local dent guy would visit us.
If YOU got the local dent rep on YOUR OWN you would save money over the dealership mark up --- FACT! Look in your local Yellow Pages or do a Google search in your area. Most people WILL come out for a FREE on the spot estimate and tell you up front if they can do it or it's a body shop job!
Good info to know; thanks for the advice; I'm glad I didn't buy it with my vehicle

·
Registered
79 Posts
We had paintless dent removal on our 04 Trail Blazer after my wife pull in to the garage alittle to far and fast. She hit the cabinet in front of the TB and knocked a Webber Jr. Charcoal grill down on the hood. Urg... For $75 the dent magic guy came out to our house and removed the dent. Once he was done we could not even tell the hood had been dented. :thumb: Now I just need to get my silverado's dents removed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Split: Paintless dent repair...Dry Ice?

I've seen videos on youtube on dents that did not have creases or breaks in paint, the metal just pops back into shape.

It may work depending on the size and contour.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
A good paintless dent person can even pull one out that's on a crease.  We had one removed (an have another now that needs to be removed) from the crease line that runs along with the door handles. We can't tell there was ever a dent there.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:
A good paintless dent person can even pull one out that's on a crease. We had one removed (an have another now that needs to be removed) from the crease line that runs along with the door handles. We can't tell there was ever a dent there.
It's funny you mention a dent on a crease; I asked that particular question to the dealer and he said possibly but there were no guarantees. So I translated that response to be no and now I see that you had a dent removed from a crease without any issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts